Thread: Nvidia driver problem with COD 6

Nvidia driver problem with COD 6

I am always facing the problem while playing the Call Of Duty 6. When it is loaded on the server and I'm on it happens often (almost always) at 1,2,3 or also 4 game I shows me exactly the screen by following the loading of the Nvidia driver. I also looked in the Windows Event Viewer 7 and there is this: The display driver "nvlddmkm" unresponsive and has been restored. I have the game are released and the problem was there already and I have the game yesterday, installed again and it is still the same although in the time I have roughly estimated 10 new drivers have a great time. I have already changed the video card of GTX 260 and GTX 285 and with two cards are consisting the same problem. I hope you have any advice for me.

Re: Nvidia driver problem with COD 6

Hey a fellow sufferer. I have the same problem as you, I only get the desktop crashes when drivers not to face but the picture is just black. Very rarely does the graphics card also depends completely on the screen so that proceeds and only helps to reset the computer. However, I have not yet figured out also how to fix it. For me, CoD 6 is the only game that has these problems. Also you have not provided the specifications that you are working on. I hope that there should be some issues with the graphic card.

I am using the following configuration :
    • i7-860
    • MSI P55-GD65
    • 4 GB Dominator 1333 9-9-9-24 1.5V Corsiar
    • 285 GTX (driver: the current)
    • 750W Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro
    • 500GB and 1000GB WD Caviar Blue
    Also benchmarks like 3D mark vantage and Furmark run clean and stable as told by real zero problems with the PC except this stupidity of the nvidia drivers where I'm really not on everything. I've really tried to not get it in attack but it sucks.

Is it for me in CoD4 Sun The Windows 7 troubleshooting tells me that the graphics card driver has ceased to function Have the already reinstalled couple of times in various ways, without success!! The same problem I had when I Overclock only slightly (~ 20MHZ) in MW2. Then I have the same messages are in Event Viewer as Florian GTX I don't know what all are wrong with these games.??!!

Thus, once installed a BFG GTX 260 Maxcore to test and see because all gone wrong. No Blue screen more in the crysis menu! COD6 Runs with all details without problems so far. It looks like there is a problem of Zotac because you have two yes and I also zotac cards too. I will try my exchange because it is definitely on the map.

It happens only when I installed a higher version than Nvidia driver 191.07. With the game runs about 191.07 days without problems. I installed 195.62 or later I have (not always) my black screen. In the event log entry: The display driver "nvlddmkm stop responding" no more and has been restored. Also "DirectX Fatal Error" I had already landed, and on the desktop. The game had crashed. Even if I disable SLI in the driver, the computer freezes sometimes and also one I had with the card will not need to buy. My complete system runs at default clock. Not one component is overclocked. For system stability tests such as Prime95 or similar all the tests run without errors. Even the Furmark has shown no errors. I have downloaded the driver several times and reinstalled. Always uninstall the old drivers and deleted the remnants manually. Of course, always derived the Driver Cleaner. Even Windows, I reinstalled several times. DirectX also repeatedly downloaded and installed. (Offline and Web-installer).

I investigated the cause times. For me, it seems the Ref clock from the PCIe. The HT Ref Clock increases moderately (4-5 MHz), then adjust the PCIe clock to 96 MHz (which seems to be a bug in the Bios it is to 100 Mhz). I have found it with the tool under AoD board status. So I would say would say the problem can be resolved only with a different card I have are now several days, the BFG GTX 260. But I still think it is a software problem with me, because as I said ... with the 191.07 whql the game runs smoothly ... newer driver = problems.

Thus, you are yesterday Gainward GTX 480 and no more crashes with cod and crysis!! A buddy had problems with its xfx 260 gtx increasingly in this direction. For me it is the transition card (BFG GTX 260 MAXCOR) it all went stable. It seems the problems with Zotac, and XFX are increased, especially in Zotac because to me nothing is crashed with the Gainward GTX 480 and GTX 260 BFG. Try to get rid of your cards and get yourself another example, also Gainward, sparkle, evga, etc. .. you will see the problems disappear like mine.

Yes, but a GTX 295 because one must always expect more problems like a single gpu so unfortunately I know so many of this problem with the 200 series have the GTX 400 series, it seems to be virtually eliminated because I did until now is almost never had the problems with such a card has a 400 and my Gainward GTX 480 runs like clockwork even the annoying which had almost all the 200 tickets no longer has the 400.

The 191.07 is a stable driver in Win7 on older graphics cards that we have here, even in some test systems. You can test as the multi-GPU support in the Nvidia Control Panel off, the error is not more then you know that it is on the multi-GPU mode. Such problems are unfortunately always at certain games, in conjunction with SLI or multi GPU. Use the Nvidia control panel the default (application controlled). There is no easy answer for it not exist, use the driver 191.07 WHQL functioning. So I give myself not satisfied ... Finally, once a new game which will require a new driver.