Thread: Mafia 2 bug - Door Not opening in Chapter 14 ?

Mafia 2 bug - Door Not opening in Chapter 14 ?

Hey guys, i need some urgent help from you. Recently i bought Mafia 2 and really enjoyed it playing. Crossed all the mission till now without any problem but suddenly i got stucked in the Chapter 14. At the point when we go to the Monilisa restaurant in search of Joe there is an ordinary door (similar to all in the game) but it is not just opening. I tried many efforts to open that but unable.

Am not sure whether am missing something or it is a Bug like we had in Pop:FS? Had anyone of you completed this level, please let me know how to open this door in Mafia II Chapter 14 ? Hope its not a Bug of Mafia 2

Re: Mafia 2 bug - Door Not opening in Chapter 14 ?

On which system are you playing the game ? I meant PC, Xbox or PS3 ? I was having the same problem on my PC version and it frustrated me too for long time. But fortunately i got it fixed myself. What i did is just tried reloading the chapter for 5 times and in the fifth attempt, when i reached the door it got opened by pressing 'e' for just once. I dont know whether this is the perfect solution or not but it really worked for me. If you are facing the same problem on PC, than it should help you too

I too, annoyed of the same issue on my Xbox console. After searching a lot, I came to know that at the time we reach Joes residence, it drives us 6 hours ahead. In that case what we need is to obtain the additional cash. Hence, I crushed some more cars to obtain the extra cash and than when I get back to the Mona Lisa restaurant, the screen was down on the windows. And when I tried to open the door, it gets opened.

Hope this will work for you guys as well as gamers facing this problem on Xbox. In case you need some more help, you should have a look on this Mafia II Walkthrough.

Quote Originally Posted by Orton View Post
    I too, annoyed of the same issue on my Xbox console. After searching a lot, I came to know that at the time we reach Joes residence, it drives us 6 hours ahead. In that case what we need is to obtain the additional cash. Hence, I crushed some more cars to obtain the extra cash and than when I get back to the Mona Lisa restaurant, the screen was down on the windows. And when I tried to open the door, it gets opened.
    Thanks for the quick help friends . Am having the PC version of Madia II. The response from both of you guys is really appreciated. I think any one of this will really be helpful for me. First i'll try this extra cash and if the problem still exist, i will go with reloading the games.

And thankfully, it is not the Bug like Prince of Persia.. Thanks!

Thanks for sharing this useful discussion, guys. Really helpful. I too having the same problem. While workaround, I heard somewhere that we need some extra cash to enter the door, but was not aware how to get that. Thanks to Orton for the great explanation. Keep it up mate. Hope it will work for me as well. I'll let you know the result soon.

I also got some help from this Youtube video for the chapter 14. Hope you guys may need it.

healp please!!! I was download mafia 2 from RS (skidrow version)!!evriting was ok until chapter 6 !!the problems starts whit that capteR. I PASSED ABOUT ENTIRE CHAPTER (6) BUT AFTER i BEAT UP A LAST MEN IN LAST JAIL FIGHT GAME crashes..after crash I receive notification "application has stopped working"please help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by medeni2986 View Post
    healp please!!! I was download mafia 2 from RS (skidrow version)!!evriting was ok until chapter 6 !!the problems starts whit that capteR. I PASSED ABOUT ENTIRE CHAPTER (6) BUT AFTER i BEAT UP A LAST MEN IN LAST JAIL FIGHT GAME crashes..after crash I receive notification "application has stopped working"please help!!!
    First of all, can you please tell us what is your computer specifications? Have you updated the graphics/video driver to the latest in your pc? Incase if you have a ati card then try to do the below in order, that solved my issues:

1) Update PhysX to the latest build
    2) Remove all MS VC++ Redists including updates and service packs (2005 - 2010)
    3) Install the latest MS VC++ Redists (2005+SP1, 2008+SP1, 2010)
    4) Remove ATI CCC 10.8 and then used Driver Sweeper to clean.
    5) Install ATI CCC 10.5a driver

Achilleas ?

Is your problem still exists ?

Quote Originally Posted by L0OoL View Post
    Achilleas ?

Is your problem still exists ?
    No Buddy. I got it solved. The tip given by Orton worked for me. i just gathered some more cash and was able to enter the door than. thank fully i dint needed to reinstall the game. What about you ? Are you stuck at the same level ?

No i didn't get stuck and glad to see that ya got it solved

I am bit before that level and soon I will reach the same chapter about what you are discussing. I had read the walkthrough of the game on Techarena which had helped a lot. Now for this tips I will try at the same. I found my friend struggling for the same solution where I mailed him the link of this thread and he is out of the issue now.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but for the life of me I can't get that freakin door open. Playin on xbox, tried reloading chapter more than 5 times, i.e driving from guiseppe straight to mona lisa rest, getting outa the car and trying to open door. Also tried crushing bunch of cars and having over 30 000 cash then going from there to mona lisa - NOTHING hahaha, really don't know what to do anymore, really frustrating.

Any other option guys? Would really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormerboy View Post
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but for the life of me I can't get that freakin door open. Playin on xbox, tried reloading chapter more than 5 times, i.e driving from guiseppe straight to mona lisa rest, getting outa the car and trying to open door. Also tried crushing bunch of cars and having over 30 000 cash then going from there to mona lisa - NOTHING hahaha, really don't know what to do anymore, really frustrating.

Any other option guys? Would really appreciate it.
    Well, I had a similar problem and I just restarted the chapter 14 mission in mafia 2 and voila the door was opening now. Or else try to replay chapter 13 and then chapter 14 will work for you. Many users didnt face the chapter 14 door bug in mafia 2, even one of my friend finished all levels without any bugs and completed it twice.