Thread: Battle Field 2 crash to desktop

Battle Field 2 crash to desktop

I have the problem of Battlefield 2 ultra known, started on the game then black screen back to the office. I find a solution but his are not my error , I know it's not my graphics card on the demo because the error was different. Please if anyone can help me. I dont know it is graphics card problem ? Or driver?

Re: Battle Field 2 crash to desktop

You need to go into the folder EAgames \ Battlefield 2 \ mods \ bf2 \ Settings \
    - open the file VideoDefault.con with notepad. To the line " renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 0 " replace the 0 with 1
    -Whether in the same folder it is also a file named Video.con , always open with notepad , copy and paste this line to the end " renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1 "(without the quotes )
    It's the same problem in BF 1942 when the rate is different Refreshments chose 60 Hz , the game crashes .

Check the steps:
    1) You must install BF2 mode Run in compatibility mode Windows XP SP2
    2) You must install all the latest patches ( 1.41 ) mode Run in compatibility mode Windows XP SP2
    3) Check the resolution supported by the 3D card ( not fullscreen)
    4 ) Install update KB940105 directx10

I run successfully by looking for so if it can help in other. Here is what I edit I am on windows xp pro, I edit the file " settings.ini " located in " my document " folder " BFBC2 " search line DxVersion = auto and I change them DxVersion = DX9. I put the latest version of ati driver. Also i changed DxVersion = auto DxVersion = DX9 but it changes nothing. Besides, back here in " auto " after each launch of the game .

I did not know much to BF2 but it is normally impossible to destroy a tank or a light armored vehicle with a single tank or rocket launcher. Are you sure to have 100 % of your armor ? (If you hang on with your vehicle , the energy bar decreases) , Are you on ranked servers with PunkBuster ? otherwise it may be a cheat !As Abe said , some parts of the armor are more sensitive, it seems that the most vulnerable and back above the rear wheels for BTR and AVL and behind the turret for the tank.

In fact I had two problems simultaneously: the first was punkbuster , but after having solved the game continued to BPsetup freezer. Suddenly I thought the problem was not solved, but in fact so. This was going to make my game was freezer ... I changed the keys in the options (when I handed the default options the game has started walking) . Thank goodness my brother was home with his own account ( which it has realized walked ) otherwise I would have never understood. In short , what we must remember is that for some strange reason, once the game freeze at startup, and that in these cases it may be useful to restore the default buttons.