Thread: Bake your Graphics Card in the Oven Fix

Bake your Graphics Card in the Oven Fix

Hey my Graphic card is not working properly. I was just searching on internet and found an article about solving graphic card problem. They have written that baking your Graphic card in the Oven will fix graphic card problem.

I want to ask that is that true? And if it is true then is it safe to bake the graphic card in oven? Please reply, Because I don’t think that this will be safe anymore.

Re: Bake your Graphics Card in the Oven Fix

Hi, I attempted the ol graphic card in the Oven method as I also found it on internet. I was trying to build a Core i7 which is with 2 gtx 280’s in it & one of those gtx 280. It was defective and was showing major horizontal lines on the screen. I did the same way they told on internet but unfortunately I lost my graphic card. Therefore I advise you not to do this with your memory card.

Whenever you think to attempt this method that is bake method then you should ask yourself first that have you abused this hardware to badly in the irresponsible place you have sat for months. I don’t think this will give positive result. You can try this if you don’t have problem when you lose your graphic card.

Hey it works for me. I was using 8800gts but from few days it started artifacting and causing my computer to crash. I wanted to wait till the next generation of nvida card. My warranty was expired and I was having nothing to lose therefore I removed the heatsync and cleaned it. Baked it at 385 for 11 minutes. After that I let that cool for 30 minutes and again I baked it for 30 minutes. I ended up using 2 tubes of ocz freeze thermal compound between the gpu and all the ram its a metallic based good compound and I realized that It may cause some other problem if I did a sloppy job artic silver.

But now it is working fine. I have understood that why it works but then also I am still blown away.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

If you are trying this method then don't preheat the Oven. It will be more safe for you to trow board inside and then turn the oven on. The maximum heat/time scheme for this process is 3°C/sec and for cooling it takes time around 6°C/sec. If don't respect this temp/time scheme then IC's can be cracked. Its the same like you are putting a hot glass dish from the oven directly on cold water.

I was also having the problem of blue lines that what in the video with NVidia 980gt. I installed the card without any problem but problem arises when I install driver or anything. It was looking like crap because the resolution was very low. Initially I thought that is a joke to bake it. But I must tell you its the real deal. As I baked my card and installed it on my computer and after that I installed drivers it started working like a new one. Its a cool trick guys. Thank you very much for saving my money.