Thread: Launching certain games crashes my whole PC ???

Launching certain games crashes my whole PC ???

I was just playing the GTA IV and it got crashes little bit and then suddenly moved in serious situation. I was not able to issue the Ctrl+Alt+Delete out of the issue or alt and tab, my system just froze up and was completely unresponsive. The same thing happened with me after restarting the system. I can easily move to play different games like L4D2, Dirt 2, Crysis, Saw, TF2 etc and these ae easily moving on without any issues. I just recently bought the battlefield bad company 2 from the store and when I came to home, installed that properly , updated the same and launched it and same thing happened as GTA.. Do you have any idea ?? why ??

Re: Launching certain games crashes my whole PC ???

its a complex one. Is it going on when the game is loading, or when you are play the game and occurred in the middle of the game ? I see you already have used a few components, but you didn't indicated anything about the CPU or GPU temperatures. I may be absolutely incorrect but such type of thing can be occurred because your CPU or graphics card turns off to restrict the damage because of too high temperatures. Although you are able to play different games without any problem , which indicates this is not the problem.

I would suggest you to go for the downloading of SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your system and find out the temperature specified for your CPU and then after post the maximum temperature you received in the report generated by the program for the CPU.. One more thing that you are able to check out that if the games that you play are supported to be executed with the 64-bit operating systems.

There is one of the user on other having same related problem and stating that this is caused by the RAM incapability. He told that it is commonly identified the issues regarding the RAM ? Did you executed the Memtest86? Have you tried to move lower with graphics in said games to the lowest configuration to find out if that can be helpful for you ?

The games would crash as quickly as they where executed.... So the configurations could not be turned down. It turned out to be a problem with the protected ROM as both BC2 and GTA IV work with this .

Yeah was some problems with the worst disk protection programs such as securom. It just made my games crash when I run the same , so currently I have to get the cracks for my entire games in order to play the same . It moves fine with the cracks now thankfully so according to me, this is what I will have to do from now on, only other method that I could get of resolving. it was reinstalling entire windows and I really could not be bothered performing that...

I have just purchased the Bioshock 2 and I am having the same stupid problems with the same game as I am running with many others. Launching it causes my computer to lockup. And it is all down to some sort of problems or conflict with the SecuROM software as I have some information about the Bioshock 2 works with such type of DRM .

I tried to go with the cracks specified and even they seems not feasible for some strange causes and they still seem to interfere with the SecuROM program.