Thread: Cant install Battlefield 2

Cant install Battlefield 2

I am unable to install my Battlefield 2 on Windows Vista which was recently upgraded from Windows XP. It went half way and then I got the error message saying it was not able to install BF2 and so I am supposed to restart it from the beginning. Can you help me?

Re: Cant install Battlefield 2

There are several work around that you can do to fix this problem. First of all clean the disk. See if there is any dust or some scratches on the cd. Make sure you meet the system requirements; for this you can refer the cd cover. Retry the installation to see if it works this time.

It couldn't be the disk problem. If this was the disk fault then you might have an error message like "could not read the disk" or something similar. However you may look at system specs to see if it supports Windows Vista.

Ok thanks for the help but none helped in my case. However I did it in another way and it worked. I first copied all the cd content to a local drive and tried to install it from there. I provided the key code which I was given with the CD and it worked. I didn't thought that the problem will be solved in such a way but anyways it is solved now.

I think that your previous installation files are still present on your computer and so you need to clear your registries to reinstall BF2 once again. If you are sure about which registry entries to delete then perform manual deletion; otherwise you can use some registry cleaner software for the same.