Thread: Mafia 2 demo GPU physx problem

Mafia 2 demo GPU physx problem

I have recently downloaded a new game called as Mafia 2 on my computer system via Steam and when i run this game then it installs something called as PhysX software on my system. Now the problem is that this software does not runs on any GPUs as it runs CPU which gives me only 13 fps while playing this game. I have noticed the same thing while playing some other games such as Metro 2033 or GRAW 2.

Re: Mafia 2 demo GPU physx problem

The rules with PhysX (ATI and NVIDIA or ATI or NVIDIA only, CrossfireX and Sli or without) for playing Mafia 2.
    • Resolution: 1280x1024
    • Sync = No
    • Antialiasing: 16x
    • Shadows: High
    • Occlusion Ambiance: Yes
    • Details: Geometry: High
    • Apex Physx: High
    • Evidence, parameters of the processor and memory in CPU-Z, the video card GPU-Z and a bench of Mafia II screen

The rules without PhysX (ATI or NVIDIA CrossfireX and Sli or without) for playing Mafia 2.
    • Resolution: 1280x1024
    • Sync = No
    • Antialiasing: 16x
    • Shadows: High
    • Occlusion Ambiance: Yes
    • Details: Geometry: High
    • Apex Physx: No
    • Evidence, parameters of the processor and memory in CPU-Z, the video card GPU-Z and a bench of Mafia II screen

Mafia II demo is out, and NVIDIA up to the plate since the game takes advantage of his recall for PhysX technology. The chameleon therefore take this opportunity to release an updated driver is dedicated to the graphics engine, which now passes 9.10.0513. The program fixes and optimizations for the game of 2K, but also other bug fixes, especially in connection with the pc compatible Optimus. Resolution of A bug that prevented properly be accelerated PhysX on the PC Optimus.

Mafia-2 would have done as well with Havok and turned on acceptable configuration with PhysX for a very close result, it will be impossible to row. Instead of spending six months to polish up the bumper cars, the developers had better add a few missions, five years of development for 15 hours of gaming. I think this is marketing. Nvidia wants to believe that its PhysX is something exceptional. Personally, after several years of using Nvidia, I switched to ATI.

Mafia 2 demo GPU physx problem

The demo of Mafia 2 is now playable on steam. I have not yet tried the games as such, but I rode the bench to test my HD5870 immediately without my future PhysX card. The graphics are very nice and I hate to see the difference PhysX! Without PhysX the graphics lags sometimes. Please help...

It is not possible to put down 16x AA or else he'll be back only at 16x but I do bench after dropping the AA is identical to 16x. I "C" without the physx ~ 45fps and "D" when it is activated by: 30fps and 28fps high. I am a little disappointed there ... I wonder if in my next setup, I should keep my 280 for dedicated physx or change to a 460/physx and XXXqqch as the main. I think my 280 if it is dedicated physx.

VG247 has been able to obtain additional information on the demo. It will be released on three platforms on the same day: XBox 360, PS3, and PC. A mission will be playable, the one where Vito Scaletta is teaming up with Joe Barbaro and Henry Tomasino to put out of harm's way an individual nicknamed "The Whale". Good news, it is possible to visit the town of Empire Bay.

I am facing the similar problem also i am not able to play Mafia 2 on my system. I am getting an error message which states that 'PhysX SDK not initialized. PhysX System Software will be installed'. And asks me to gather some information i tried to restart the computer and then restarting the game again but nothing helps me. Can you please tell me what can be done in this matter.

Try to update the your system according to the minimum system requirements mentioned below:
    • Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later) / Windows Vista / Windows 7
    • Processor: Pentium D 3Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600 + (Dual core) or higher
    • RAM: 1.5 GB
    • Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8600 / ATI HD2600 Pro or better
    • Hard Disc Space: 8 GB
    • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
    • Peripherals: Keyboard and mouse or Windows-compatible gamepad

NVIDIA PhysX acceleration supports on all GeForce series GPUs 8, GeForce 9, GeForce 100, GeForce 200, GeForce 300 and GeForce 400 with a minimum of 256MB integrated graphics processing cores and 32 processors (broadcast). Support for configuration control of PhysX GPU from the Control Panel Display Driver NVIDIA. (Requires graphics driver v196.21 or higher). Integrating GPU PhysX acceleration in several games and demos update runtimes ONLY for existing users of AGEIA PhysX processor.

You should took the opportunity to formalized the minimum and recommended configurations. These do not move relative to forecasts but we still entitled to some information about both technologies NVidia PhysX and APEX. APEX is a module for the kit PhysX life easier for developers to add physical effects in games. Mafia II should logically be concerned, is to know the degree of interest of such technology on the town of Empire Bay.