Thread: Starcraft 2 Overheating Issue

Starcraft 2 Overheating Issue

StarCraft 2 met various criticisms , between the obligation to connect to Battle.Net to launch a player or a LAN card , or geographical divisions which prohibit missed playing with friends in other continents . Another criticism has also appeared more original. My system is going overheate. Please help.

Re: Starcraft 2 Overheating Issue

I have the sims 2 with 2 add-on: I can see the houses that I built or modified when I'm in a ward, where I play with a family where the boxes should show the picture of my sims are empty ... The photograph also taken during the creation of a family is invisible! When my sims go to the toilet or take a shower, they are not blurred instead a coarse blue frame clear the cache! same problems for mirrors: unable to see my sims! If they want to paint a scene of the house, they paint a trace black paint. It's really quite annoying in the long term especially since I take less of the game.

The solution seems to be this :
    Open your document and search for the file named Starcraft II variables.txt
    Add these two lines in the file :
    frameratecapglue = 30
    frameratecap = 60
    This should correct the trouble. Note that this still does not affect everyone and that the vast majority of people do not have this trouble. Good game and good all season.

Blizzard 's response was to say that it is impossible, since the cards have integrated safety preventing overheating to the point of self-destruction . And the problem of overheating is caused by the fact that the game has no limit display frames per second . In the menu, a user with a Radeon HD 4850 and reported 512 FPS display. By One of the first post Blizzard to explain the problem, the repetition of the calculation of an identical image to its maximum capacity would be more dangerous for the graphics card to run a game at most ... This is a strange explanation .

It must access the file located in My Documents variables.txt \ StarCraft II (and not in subfolders ) and add the values :
    frameratecapglue = 30
    frameratecap = 60
    Or to put its preferred values ( the first line corresponds to the FPS game, the second menu to FPS ). Note: Mac file is \ Documents \ Blizzard \ StarCraft II \ Variables.txt. It is likely that a patch will fix the problem more thoroughly later. Moreover, some users complain that their graphics card still heats as much, even with the framerate down. For now the forum users advise them to clean their fans, to update the card drivers , underclocker map, and wait for a update.

There is a Hotfix for the last Catalyst 10.7, it corrects the problem with the starceaft. With it, owners of Radeon HD 2000 , HD 3000 , HD 4000 or HD 5000 will have the opportunity to force the use of filter for the Blizzard . In addition, performance for Quad CrossfireX configurations Eyefinity also improved in this update .