Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Mafia 2 Demo Error

Video Games

Old 25-08-2010

Mafia 2 Demo Error

O am having an issue with the Mafia 2 Demo game which i have downloaded from the internet. I have installed the game into the system of mine but when i am trying to play the game it is showing the error with the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error and not starting up. I am unable to resolve the issue with the same. If any one can then help me with the issue. Thank you.

Old 25-08-2010

Re: Mafia 2 Demo Error

Have you checked the system requirement specification for the game which you are using. The game is only made to run on the 32 bit only other then this will not work for the Mafia 2 demo. So first make sure that you are not using the 64 bit version of the operating system. I hope you are satisfying all the requirement for the game.
Old 25-08-2010

I agree with the above replies which is regarding the system requirement of the game. If you are having enough configuration to p[lay the game then you can easily play the Mafia 2 Demo. Here i am giving you the detail about the same which will help you to recognize the system of yours for the same,

Minimum System Requirement
  • Microsoft Windows XP
  • Pentium D 3Ghz
  • 1.5 GB RAM
  • nVidia GeForce 8600 or ATI HD2600 Pro
  • Minimum free disc space 8 GB
  • DirectX 9.0c
Old 25-08-2010

First of all thanks for the quick response which you have given me regarding the game. I am using the 32 bit operating system. And my system configuration is satisfying all the system requirement. I have also reinstalled the game to get rid of the error but no success. If possible help me more with this issue.
Old 26-08-2010

In that case you have to check whether the PhysX is installed into the system of yours or not. Just go to the "C:\Program Files \Steam\steamapps\common\mafia 2 public demo\3rd" and look for same. If not found then install the same into this folder only. Download the PhysX from Internet and install to see the changes.
Old 27-08-2010

Are you running with the Graphic Card. If yes then i will advise you to install the latest graphic driver for the card that you are using. It can be possible that the Graphic driver might be causing the issue by not showing the compatibility with the game. So install the latest driver and see whether it is working for you or not.
Old 28-08-2010

As you are getting the problem with the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library then i think that you need to download and install the latest version of the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library which might resolve the issue related to the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error. So download and install the same and let me know whether it is working for you or not.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , , ,