Thread: Weird sound problem with Mafia 2 Demo

Weird sound problem with Mafia 2 Demo

I was using Windows XP and then recently I upgraded my system to Windows 7 and now after that I finished will all drivers stuff. Then I installed Mafia 2 game which just released. But when I run the game I cannot hear any sound. As I had not tested my sound before. Does the issue is with the game only or with my system. How to fix sound problem in Windows 7.

Re: Weird sound problem with Mafia 2 Demo

Many of you experience this problem after formatting. Here is a simple manipulation that can help you resolve your problem. Click on Start Menu, right click on My Computer, then select Properties from the menu that opens. A window appears, click on Hardware then Device Manager. Look for any yellow mark under sound device. Right click and then update the drivers.

Note down that some modified versions of Windows like Windows XP Ultimate, Windows LSD Windows Gold, etc have this issue in common. It is impossible to properly install the audio device due to the changed format. I will recommend you to run Windows update for that and you might get some fix for that. Or else better try to re-install the game.

This looks like some sound driver issue in the system. Better Run Windows Update that will give you so me fix for the same and that is the easy. If possible you can also also manually download the driver for the same and then check back again. Most of the audio controller are integrated with motherboard so you get the drivers in the cd.

It is possible that your game files is not able to identify the systems I/O devices. I faced the same issue suddenly. After checking the connections, I see that everything is connected correctly. I check in after the audio drivers, everything is updated.I put the latest BIOS on the motherboard to date and still nothing, no sound on the speakers. I check the same on other system and that worked. I had re-installed the game properly and it worked.

Windows 7 works with any normal application but the problem with the sound card drivers on Windows 7 which is must common. Either there is no sound card or there might be creepy noise on the speakers. The problem is with the driver of the RME Fireface audio interface. I had added a new audio mixer in the system right now and it is working well.

It is better that you must re-install the game and then check back. It works most of the time. But before there is one more option that can help you out. For that run the game and then go in the audio settings. There set the bar to full and disable any special effect settings. That will might cause some issue. It is recommended that atleast basic sound should work.