Thread: Mafia 2 Game freeze issues

Mafia 2 Game freeze issues

I dont know whats wrong with my Mafia 2 copy. Today i got this game from somewhere, installed on my system, everything was perfect till than. But as soon as i started playing the game, it got freezed after dew minutes of play and the only option to get rid of it by killing the process from task manager. It is windows Xp with 2 GB Ram and Intel Dual core 3.0ghz. Am having 512 MB Nvidia 9600gt video card. Please help.

Re: Mafia 2 Game freeze issues

As per your definition, all your system configuration is proper along with the graphic card. What you should try is lower the graphics settings and try again. If still it won’t get fixed than you should try reinstalling the game and if required, reinstall your graphics drivers as well. I would like know did you made use of the benchmark feature, if yes that what was the grade you got?

I hope you are not trying to rung PhysX as well along with the game on your existing graphic card that is Nvidia 9600gt. This card is certainly not appropriate for PhysX, but yes, it is appropriate for low/medium settings and resolution. If you really want to enjoy Mafia 2, you must go and buy a new and better card. Also if am not wrong, you might be playing the Demo of the game, because most probably this error appears only with the demo and not with the full game.

When your computer hangs on a regular basis, may be due to one or more of key system files have been damaged or because the hardware configuration has changed. Also, in some cases, after installing a new program or tool, the computer becomes unstable. Try to re-install the game and disable your system firewall.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ken View Post
    Also if am not wrong, you might be playing the Demo of the game, because most probably this error appears only with the demo and not with the full game.
    i was facing the same problem with the Demo version of Mafia 2. Fortunately, after wasting lot of time on searching for its fix, finally i got trick on Youtube. The user was trying to fix the issue with some of Patch. It worked for me, and this is what you needed. Just have a look on this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWH0RHlpAWY