Thread: Part of counterstrike screen is visible

Part of counterstrike screen is visible

I was having Microsoft windows vista home premium operating system installed on my desktop. Last night, while browsing across the internet I downloaded counterstrike 1.6 and installed it on my system. After the successful installation of counterstrike 1.6, when I started to play the counter strike I am facing problem. The upper left quarter of the screen is visible which covered the entire screen of the desktop. I need a solution through which I can troubleshoot his problem and play the counterstrike game efficiently.

Re: Part of counterstrike screen is visible

If you are having the display problem while playing the counter strike game such as only part of the game screen is visible and it covers the whole desktop then in that case you need to check the resolution of your desktop. You can change the screen resolution by right clicking the mouse button on the desktop and selecting properties. In the properties window you need to select settings tab. You should change the settings to 1024 by 768 pixels and click on ok button. Launch the counterstrike game and check if the screen problem appears again.

The screen problem might be appearing because you have not updated your graphic card or video card. You need to update the graphic card on your system and check if the screen issue exits again. You also need to update the operating system by downloading and installing latest update patch. You can get the update patch for your operating system from the Microsoft website. After updating your graphic card and operating system with the latest patch the screen problem of counterstrike game will be resolved.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution I have updated both my graphic card and operating system. I have also changed the screen resolution of my system and the problem got resolved. While playing the counterstrike game I am getting “5899: Metadata file missing or damaged [-1]!” error message. I am unaware of this problem and need a solution for troubleshooting this problem.

You can troubleshoot this 5899: Metadata file missing or damaged [-1]!” error message by downloading update file and extracting it in the same folder where cstrike.exe is there. After extracting the update you need to click on the cstrike.exe icon and select properties. In the properties you need to check that the compatibility is set to winxp. If the compatibility is winxp then the error 5899 will be resolved easily. Also you need to change the launching parameters to “-autoconfig -32bit -sw -noipx -d3d”. This will reset the resolution to normal and error 5899 will be resolved.