Thread: How to turn off automatic renewal off xbox live

How to turn off automatic renewal off xbox live

Hope am posting this thread in the proper section. Am having a very short query here and need help from you all guys urgently. Am having a Xbox system at my home since long time and use to renew my LIVE membership when needed. But i have found that even when i dont wish to renew it, my membership get renewed itself and that hampers my credit card account. So i wanted to know, is there any way to turn off automatic renewal off Xbox live ? i know the one is through phone call but i wanted to know some other way. Thanks for all your helps.

Re: how to turn off automatic renewal off xbox live

Here's a quick tutorial on how to disable the automatic renewal of your Xbox Live subscription, without calling customer service at Microsoft:
    • Go on xbox.com and login with your account and password.
    • Go to your My Account page
    • Then on Subscription type
    • You will then see in the middle of page Automatic Renewal: ACTIVE (you will see your info) Recertification ect ...
    • Click ACTIVE
    • You'll have a new page, click Disable
    • Thats it.

Note that this steps only works if you have made your subscription via credit card.

Hey friends, thanks for sharing this useful info. I have recently bought a Xbox 360 console, just 4 days ago, yet not started using it. So i think i'll need this post in future. But as am new to Xbox, i would like to know what is actually meant Automatic Renewal? You guys have also mentioned about credit card. What subscription do we need to buy from our card ? please let me know in details.

Automatic Renewal is an attribute in position on the xbox LIVE service that will maintain the account which make active on promoted to a Gold membership. This features can only be make active when a subscription is acquired with a credit card or debit cards. Your bank account will be debited every time your account renovates and the renewal time is based on your subscription plan.

Like for an example, If you buy a subscription for a year, than you will be charged every year, if you modify or buy a dissimilar subscription plan than the renewal time will vary to match that exact plan.