Thread: Steam.exe(main exception):ERROR:delete of steam.exe failed, Win32 Error5 Access is denied

Steam.exe(main exception):ERROR:delete of steam.exe failed, Win32 Error5 Access is denied

I ahd installed counter strike and counter strike condition zero on my computer. I am using Windows 7 and I am playing the games under the compatibility mode of Windows XP SP2. When I try to connect to server then I got a error message. The message was Steam.exe (main exception): Unable to load library Steam.dll. What can I do here to fix this. What is the error about.

Re: Steam.exe(main exception):ERROR:delete of steam.exe failed, Win32 Error5 Access is denied

I was facing the similar issue in my system. It gave some exe failed issue. For that you can direcly download the steam.dll file from the internet and copy that in the default folder of steam. You have to cut paste that in C: \ Program Files \ Valve \ Steam. Next, disable your anti-virus and your firewall and then restart your PC. Then again run steam and check the server online.

Re: Steam.exe(main exception):ERROR:delete of steam.exe failed, Win32 Error5 Access is denied

To resolve this problem you must exit Steam if it is running and then delete a file from your Steam directory called: ClientRegistry.blob. The file is usually located in c: \ Valve \ Steam or in the Program Files folder. The next time you start Steam, it will recreate this file and make a small update, then you should be able to play. Reinstalling steam on an old system does not repair this problem.

The error is due to user permission issu on your Windows system. If your steam.exe attributes to set on Read only then you might getting the same issue. For that just right click onthe icon and then choose properties and then in that remove the tick from Read only. Then again click on the icon and run it you will not face the same error back again. It is the best and easy solution.

There might be some issue with your security and firewall. You must disable them and run it and if that work then you have to either disable that or add the exe file under exception. Norton Firewall is one of the sources of error. Try reinstalling Steam if still you get the same error. That might fix the issue. Also check yor pc for virus and spyware which might have corrupted some files.

I had just purchased Counter-Strike 1 - Anthology for the sole reason that there are Counter-Strike: Condition Zero for offline play. There is a list inside the box with a serial number (activation code or registration). Installing without a problem by ignoring the warning that if the computer has no Internet connection, you must abandon the facility. It so happens that I want to install it on a different computer and that will not have internet connection. But it is giving error.

This error is associated with your Internet connection. First of all, make sure you are connected. Steam can work without connection, but if there is this error means that connection needs. If you have a firewall, you need to teach him to miss Steam. ZoneAlarm works with Steam incorrectly setting will not help here, it must be disabled. Built-in Windows firewall or antivirus. Both should be disabled.