Thread: Xbox 360 Controller plugged to USB with Play and Charge Kit does not work

Xbox 360 Controller plugged to USB with Play and Charge Kit does not work

I have a Xbox 360 Controller. It is a plug and play device and I had borrowed the same from my friend for playing some game. I have also got a play and charge kit. But this is not working in my system. I connected the same but still there is not indication stating that the controller is detected. What should I do to fix this out. I am using Windows 7 here and I want to buy a one controller for myself. Which you prefer for that.

Re: Xbox 360 Controller plugged to USB with Play and Charge Kit does not work

The kit you got is just for charging the batteries and they does have to do anything with installation. You system must detect them as a plug and play device and then you got a driver disc. Run it and you can get a control panel to configur the same. You can adjust the button settings directly from the game and then play the game. There are various models of joystick available.

If you are tyring to connect that from a extenstion cord then leave that and try to connect the same directly. Try to switch your usb port to a different connection and try again. See that you can see the light on the joystick to ensure that it is working. If still that is not detected then check back the same in other computer. It seems the joystick is not working fine.

I am using Thrustmaster in my system. It works fine and this is a plug and play device. In this it is possible to save different configurations and switch over into one another thanks to the exclusive button Preset. I had just connected and my windows detected the same. It popped out a message and it is installed without issue. You must change the connection for the same.

I have a joystick of similar model and when I plug on my motherboard ASUS A8ves Deluxe does not recognize it. I had tried to install the same from the device manager but the same stil dose not work. I had then downloaded the drivers for the same. I found the latest drivers and after installing that the joystick started responding on the system. You must look for the same.

Just check once that the port where you are connecting the joystick is a COM port or MIDI. In both cases the same verifies that if those are enabled. In Control Panel click on System tab and then on hardware. Now go in Device Manager and check that your ports are well capitalized and have no hardware problems that means there must be no exclamation point surrounded by yellow mark.

Replace the joystick simply if that does not work. It is possible that some older hardware does not work on new operating system. You must check that your joystick if first properly installed on your system and kit must function work. There can be hardware and driver issue both in this matter. You must test the same on some other machine to ensure the functioning of this device.