Thread: ERR0R : Failed to Initialize DirectX10

ERR0R : Failed to Initialize DirectX10

I am having am issue with the Window 7 in which i am trying run the game that is DevilMayCry4 but it wont work on the Windows 7 as it is showing me the error "ERR0R : Failed to Initialize DirectX10 ". Even if i installed then Direct X 9 then also i am getting the same error message. So if you can then please let me know about it. A help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: ERR0R : Failed to Initialize DirectX10

The first thing that i will allow you is to reinstall the game as well as the Direct X 10 also which might be issue with the error that you are getting. First uninstalled the game and Direct X 10. After that first reinstall the Direct X 10 first and later on the game on the PC of yours. now play the game and check you are getting same error or not.

It seems that the Graphic Card of yours might not supporting the DirectX 10 which is resulting as the error message that you are getting. If the Graphic Card is not having the support for the same then you might get the error message. So it is better to check whether your cars supporting the DirectX 10 or not.

Did you installed the latest driver for the Video card? It is noticed that the Windows 7 requires to run the games on it with the latest driver of the Graphic Card which can help you to play the game on it. So if you have not updated the driver for video card then i will advise you to do it first and then try the game.

I am having the same error occurring with the game of mine which requires the DirectX 10 so what i did that i am explaining here. I have first deleted the nVidia folder from the C:/Drive. After that i have been into the Control panel and went to the Add/Remove program and uninstalled the nVidia drivers. Nw i have gone to the official site of nVidia and downloaded the latest driver for video card and installed the same and now the issue got away. You also try this out hope will help you.

I will advise you to try the game in the Window XP mode which might work with the game and let you play the game. I have run most of the game on the Windows XP mode which is not running with the Windows 7. If you can then also go through the same and you might get the game of yours running in same. So try this out.

If nothing is till now is working for you and you are still looking for something to work with the ERR0R : Failed to Initialize DirectX10 then i will advise you to contact the Microsoft regarding the issue and you will get the solution of your problem. If like my idea then contact the Microsoft and work with the issue of yours.