Thread: Windows 7 x64 Home Premium and 360 Media Center not connecting

Windows 7 x64 Home Premium and 360 Media Center not connecting

I am trying to connect Windows 7 x64 Home Premium and 360 Media Center but it is not happening with the device of mine. Every time it is showing an error message which i am posting here:
    Code:
    Connection Failure:
    The Xbox 360 could not connect to the Windows Media Center PC. Turn your Xbox 360 off then on again, and try to connect again."
    I have tried to set the connection most of the time but no success. So if possible then let me know about the possible solution of the same.

Re: Windows 7 x64 Home Premium and 360 Media Center not connecting

I will advise you to go through the below given step which might help you with the problem that you are getting. I hope this will work with you. Just follow these steps.

• First make sure that you are connected to home network
    • Turn on your XBOX 360
    • Start Windows Media Center
    • Scroll to task
    • Click on Add Extender
    • Use the XBOX controller and set My Xbox
    • Select Windows Media Center.

Thats it!!!!!

With a Windows Media Center Extender and the right setup, you can stream the media stored on your Windows 7 computer to another room in your home. To do this, your computer and your Extender must be connected to your home network. For general information about home networks. You can check more about in advance here.

I will first advise you to check whether you are having the connectivity with then device of yours or not. Make sure that all cables are connected properly. After that ping the network and check that the connection is proper. If the ping from the console to PC is fine then there is no issue with the same. If all this are fine then you can start with the same.

If you are still getting the problem with the same then i will advise you to check whether the Firewall of your Windows 7 PC is blocking the console to get connectivity with the PC or not. Also check the Anti Virus or any other security program that they allow the connection with console or not. If not then disable firewall to make the connectivity with the Windows 7.

If nothing is working for you and you are still going through the same problem then i will advise you to contact XBOX support and discuss the problem of your as you are unable to find the solution for same. So if you contact the XBOX forum they will help you with the proper and possible solution. So try the same and work with it.

If your device is not getting connectivity and started throwing the error then i will advise you to do one of the following which is given by the XBOX to resolve the issue. I hope that following the steps provided by the XBOX will resolve then issue of yours. Just go through the same and see whether you are getting it work or not.