Thread: The Witcher pc game will not launch in Windows 7

The Witcher pc game will not launch in Windows 7

I am having a problem while installing Witcher on my PC which is running with the Windows 7. While installing the game the message pop up i.e. incompatible driver. Anyways i have installed the game into the PC of mine but when i am trying to launch the game at that time i am getting message again that ask for the Administrator rights. I have already logged in as the Administrator. If any one can then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: The Witcher pc game will not launch in Windows 7

It seems to have the issue of the compatibility which is faced by most of the user of the Windows 7. The Windows 7 is having the some compatibility issue for running the older version of application on the same. It requires the latest version of the driver for the same. So i will advise you to check first that the game is compatible with the Windows 7 or not.

Did you tried running the game into the compatibility mode. If not then try to run the game into the compatibility mode and see whether you are getting it work or not. To run the same into the compatibility mode you have to go through the below given steps.

• Click on Start
    • Open the Program Compatibility troubleshooter
    • Go to Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooter in search box.
    • Click Troubleshooting.
    • Go to program ]
    • Click on "Run programs made for previous versions of Windows"
    • Follow the instructions in the troubleshooter

As it is asking for the Administrator rights then i will advise you to run the game as the Administrator. For that you have to first go to the exe file of then game and then right click on the same and select the Run as Administrator from the context menu which might resolve the issue related to the compatibility. I hope this will resolve the issue.

Most programs written for Windows*Vista also work in this version of Windows, but some older programs might run poorly or not at all. If a program written for an earlier version of Windows doesn't run correctly, you can try changing the compatibility settings for the program, either manually or by using the Program Compatibility troubleshooter
    Click here for more

I think that there might be the issue with the DirectX of your computer which might be not the new one and when attempting to run the game it will find one as incompatible. So i will advise you to download and install the latest version of the Direct X and then try to run the game which might work with the issue of yours.