Thread: Windows 7 64bit is causing World of Warcraft to freeze the entire system

Windows 7 64bit is causing World of Warcraft to freeze the entire system

A weird problem has struck my system, ever since I have installed the game called WOW. The issue is that Windows 7 64bit is causing World of Warcraft to freeze the entire system. The system hangs only when I start the game. Everything was going on fine before this game was installed. I would appreciate any sort of help to fix this situation. Waiting for suitable replies.

Re: Windows 7 64bit is causing World of Warcraft to freeze the entire system

As many Windows 7 users are facing various problems with World of Warcraft, I have come to this conclusion that the game has some sort of conflicts with the operating system. To keep away from such problems, it is always recommended by most of the experts that this operating system must never be installed or upgraded to.

If Windows 7 64bit is causing World of Warcraft to freeze the entire system, then some of the files of the game have not been installed properly. I mean to say that an installation error is the result of this issue. Reinstalling the game can eradicate the problem. One thing to be remembered while going about the reinstallation is that you must not run any other applications and programs in the background.

You are facing a fair situation that Windows 7 64bit is causing World of Warcraft to freeze the entire system. The reason for this problem is clear. The game supports only 32bit operating systems. So, if you try to run them on 64bit platforms, then such problems will obviously occur. I am sorry to say that there is no solution to this issue.

There is no need to worry if Windows 7 64bit is causing World of Warcraft to freeze the entire system. You have to set the operating system in the Windows XP 32bit compatibility mode. You can do this with the help of the troubleshoot compatibility option. You can specify your problems and thus, manually do these settings. You can also use the recommended settings given there.

According to me, your computer does not have the capacity to run both the Windows 7 operating system and World of Warcraft. You must note that this operating system uses a lot of graphic resources.

So, my recommendation to you is to upgrade your system components, especially the RAM and the video card. These are the main components required for the smooth running of any game.