Thread: WOW/Graphics error "display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

WOW/Graphics error "display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

I am trying to play the game called World of Warcraft in my computer that is running the Windows 7 operating system. Well, the problem that I am facing is that I keep getting the WOW/Graphics error as "display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered", whenever I start the game. The game exits with a black screen and thus, nothing happens after that.

It will be very much helpful if anyone could help me to fix this issue. I am waiting for probable replies on this topic. Thanks for any help in advance.

Re: WOW/Graphics error "display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

There is no need to worry if you are encountering a WOW/Graphics error as "display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered". It seems that the cause of this problem is that either you do not have a graphics card that can support both the operating system as well as the game or you may not have installed proper drivers in your system.

Re: WOW/Graphics error "display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

I want to remind all the gamers who are trying to play or will be playing WOW that this is a 32 bit game. Because of this, it will work only in a 32 bit operating system. According to me, you are using a 64 bit Windows 7 operating system. This is why you are facing a WOW/Graphics error as "display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered".

I have seen many Windows 7 users are complaining that World of Warcraft is not able to run in this particular operating system. I guess that there are some conflicts between the game and the operating system, that is leading to such problematic situations. Reporting to the officials of the game is a recommended suggestion to fix this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by robodude View Post
    I have seen many Windows 7 users are complaining that World of Warcraft is not able to run in this particular operating system. I guess that there are some conflicts between the game and the operating system, that is leading to such problematic situations. Reporting to the officials of the game is a recommended suggestion to fix this situation.
    I run Windows 7, 64 bit on a laptop. I do get this error, but rarely. The error almost always occurs when I am on the flight masters bird. Using HD3850 and ATI drivers. Anyhow, it happens so rarely it poses to problem to my game, which otherwise runs perfect on 64bit.