Thread: How to 'alt tab' out of full screen games

How to 'alt tab' out of full screen games

Does anyone know how to 'alt tab' out of full screen games? I have a desktop that is running Windows XP operating system and I am playing GTA 4 in it. Well, I am able to alt tab and go to the consecutive window that is opened. Whereas, in my laptop that is running Mac OS is not able to do so. I am playing Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands in it. So, if anyone has an idea on how to get out of the full screen in Mac OS, then please reply as soon as possible.

Re: How to 'alt tab' out of full screen games

Inorder to 'alt tab' out of full screen games in Mac OS, there is a very simple technique that I use. Just try out if it works out in your case too. Just check out the key near the space bar, that has the logo of Apple on it.

It is called as the Command Key. You simply need to keep this key pressed and after that, press F. Remember that both these keys are kept pressed when playing the game in full screen and another window is opened along side.

The alongside window must open with this method. Just let me know if this technique does not help.

It seems that settings for moving to another window opened while playing any game depends on that particular game. As mentioned in the above post, Command Key+F helps reddevil6 in some game. I tried out the same in my Mac OS, while playing Need for Speed: Undercover. But, it did not work. I use Command Key+M in my case. So, if the above method does not help, then you can try my method as well.

Holding the Command Key and the M key works out well for World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King. According to me, this is the actual technique to 'alt tab' out of full screen games in Mac operating systems. I also want you to remind that some of the games do not allow such alt tab method, when the game is being played. You have to quit the game, if you want to open the window opened alongside.

Following are the shortcuts that can be tried out to 'alt tab' out of full screen games in Mac systems:
    1. Command+M
    2. Command+F
    3. Command+Esc
    4. Ctrl+Command+S
    5. Ctrl+Command+F
    6. Command+Tab

I hope that you have many options to try out for the technique that you want to work out with.

Command+M helped to to 'alt tab' out of full screen from Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands. Well, I have saved all the above mentioned shortcuts, as who knows, the shortcuts may vary in different games. Anyways, thanks for all your replies and suggestions regarding this query of mine. I have been always helped by the co-operation of the members here.