Thread: Original Counter Strike Cd Not Working

Original Counter Strike Cd Not Working

I have bought the a Counter Strike original CD from the store to play the same on PC but when i am trying to run the .exe for installation its not opening and giving me error regarding some steam.dll. I am unable to install the game due to this error so if any one is having knowledge then please let me know about the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Original Counter Strike Cd Not Working

If you are getting the problem then it might be missing the steam.dll file which is help to run on the steam engine. To get rid of this problem you should have to download the steam.dll file. So download the steam.dll and then see whether the game is running on the machine of your with the original Counter Strike CD or not.

Thanks for your quick response but let me tell you that i have gone through the installation of the Steam.dll file fro the steam only. And after the installation when i am trying to run the exe file getting the same error. I have also tried the game to run on other computer and it is working fine. So i don't think that CD got problem.

In that case i think that there might be some thing that is blocking the installation of the file. Which Antivirus you are using? Disable the Antivirus and then install the same. Might be possible that the Firewall is blocking the installation due to exe file. So disable the Antivirus and the install the Counter Strike.

If that is also not working for you then i think that your Windows file system is having some corrupt which is not allowing the installation of the Counter Strike. As other PCs are allowing the installation. So it could be problem with the Windows only. So i will advise you to reinstall the Windows and try to install the Counter Strike.

I think you are trying to install the Counter Strike which requires the Internet connection to connect to the Steam. Do you have internet Connectivity? If you are having the connectivity and you are still getting this error then there might network problem. Check your Windows Firewall which is blocking the connection to steam server. Hope this will help you.

If nothing is working for you and you are still getting the problem with the same then i will advise you to reinstall the game with the CD but before that you should a registry cleaner tools that will clear the corrupted entry from the Windows Registry. So try this out and see whether it is working or not. Thanks.