Thread: What are the tactics of OFP: Red River

What are the tactics of OFP: Red River

What are your tactics: I am utilized to moving my guys up independently- the first game (DR) didn’t like that (they be inclined to spaz out if you separately told them to depart to precise points) -- the team worked best while you told them to assault or protect a certain part as a team and let them get on with it - they were pretty smart. But in this game there is no attack choice so I am moving my team up one by one positioning them at the back walls and stuff. Anyone heave any more idea about thus? Please more me your ideas and information.

Re: What are the tactics of OFP: Red River

Pursue me is basically rush with you guiding them, so don't utilize it in danger. You should generally get them to move to cover with the "Move" order along a path with cover (or utilize suppress to pin them down first if there isn't any), till they achieve where you wish them to be, where you tell them "hold position". Move as a squad in CQC with the "Move" order, and the majority of the time if you select a wise path they will win. It's not at all wise to give a lone AI a side order or something like that, as you don't know what they will convene along the way. At longer series battles, you can play around with untying your team for the moment.

At present I tend to go in grave with the mg on a search and clear basis, in the meantime my friend (scout) presents over watch when we cover the open ground and on hillsides whilst we move into urbanized areas. What I have observed is that my coop friends are deprived at using the command system and I am generally the host so I don't actually know their alternatives or effectiveness. In addition if I go down no one takes liability for the AI friendlies.

I utilize the move command, a large number of times. It's basically an attack order, you would be astonished how well the AI carry out the order as many have said over, they will leap frog into the region, typically very effectively. Another clue is while giving a hold position order; plan at something other than the ground. If you wish them to take cover at the bake of a wall, aim at the wall, not the ground at the back it. This as well works nice with sandbags on rooftops.

I am having a tough time sorting my team successfully. "Hold position" exertions fairly ok, and suppression kind of works though the outcome of the oppressive fire is very unreliable. While "Move" works it's nice, but generally takes ages and them often just stop moving middle and I am left speculating where my team went. For instance I ordered them to shift to the tiny building in the middle of the "river" in task two while flanking. Later than 5 minutes they hadn't handled to move in excess of 2 meters.