Thread: Grand Theft Auto IV - Episodes From Liberty City freeze

Grand Theft Auto IV - Episodes From Liberty City freeze

I have played almost all the editions of GTA and have installed this new edition too in my computer that is upgraded to the Windows 7 operating system from Windows Vista. Well, the issue that I am facing after the installation of this game is the Grand Theft Auto IV - Episodes From Liberty City freeze. My computer satisfies all the requirements of this game. If anyone knows why this problem is happening, then please reply as soon as possible.

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV - Episodes From Liberty City freeze

You are encountering the Grand Theft Auto IV - Episodes From Liberty City freeze because there has surely been an installation error, that was not prompted by the system while installing. You must have kept other applications and programs running in your system because of which the error was ignored. So, I suggest you to reinstall the game by making sure that there are no other applications and programs running in the background of the installation.

The copy of the game that you are having may have corrupt files and that is why the required games for starting the game properly may not be present in your system. Because of this, the game is conflicting with the Windows 7 operating system and so, you are experiencing a Grand Theft Auto IV - Episodes From Liberty City freeze. The only solution that can be used in this case is to get a new copy of this game and then, try installing and running it.

It is always recommended that Windows 7 must never be used for playing any of the games. This is because the operating system has incompatibility issues with almost all the games released. Even if the support is shown for this platform, there may be some sort of incompatibility. I suggest you to start the game in the Windows XP compatibility mode with the help of the option for troubleshoot compatibility.

It seems that when the game starts, Windows 7 is blocking the same, which is causing the Grand Theft Auto IV - Episodes From Liberty City freeze. There is no need to worry because this is just a security feature of the operating system.

Anyways, I suggest you to remove this blockage by forcing the game to start properly. This can be done with the help of the Run as Administrator option, that is available when you right-click on the icon of this game.

It is required that you must check out whether this Grand Theft Auto IV - Episodes From Liberty City freeze issue is really an incompatibility problem or not. Only after that apply any of the above solutions. For this purpose, use the hardware and software evaluation tool. When it is run in the system, all the installed components will be listed in the form of compatibilities and incompatibilities. You need to implement any of the solutions only if it is listed among the compatibilities.

I am downloading a new copy of Grand Theft Auto IV - Episodes From Liberty City right now. I am sure that there is no incompatibility issue between the game and the operating system because I have already checked the system requirements of this game. I will install the same and let you know if the issues are persisting or not. Thanks for all the help till now.