Thread: driver igfx stopped responding while playing WoW

driver igfx stopped responding while playing WoW

Ok, So I will be playing a video game like wow, and then all of a sudden a flace of black screen. An Error message saying "display driver igfx stopped responding and recovered"
    I'm not really a techy guy, and would appriciate it if you guys helped by giving me a step by step of what I need to do.

I have an Inspiron 1525, and I run on vista
    I know I don't have the ultimate wow playing laptop, but it used to run fine on my even more crappy laptop, so any help is great.

Re: driver igfx stopped responding while playing WoW

I also had the same problem with the same exact error on my machine while playing WOW game. Therefore I went to Intel and downloaded the latest update of the driver and tried installing it but got the message that it is not compatible with my pc. I then went into the device properties and deleted the driver. So of course I was a bit worried when the Generic VGA driver came up. Even more so when I tried to open up WoW and said it couldn't find the proper 3D application. SO I tried installing the driver again and got the message that my computer didn't have the proper system requirements. So I restarted my computer and then tried installing again and it worked. Hope that helps you.

Ok, So I understand what your saying, but when I try to look for the driver (igfx) I can't find it, I used cmd and device manager, how can I unistall it, and do i just reinstall the updated igfx from intel?

It is a common issue which I had found with most of the users. It happens usually when the system starts. It is a driver issue and you might need to search for some driver updates. There is no exact fix for the same. If you can visit the official site of WOW or your motherboard and search for some current driver updates.

I've pretty much just said "f you" to vista, I'm gonna go to either windows 7, or windows xp, in a wow gaming standpoint which will give me better results?

Go for Windows 7 as they have many of the embedded driver and you can then process well with it. Also it is essential that you install the application under compatible mode for Windows Xp. This will surely let you to get to a better conclusion. So do check out.