Thread: Dragon Age xml error, need addins.xml and manifest.xml

Dragon Age xml error, need addins.xml and manifest.xml

I am trying to install this game called Dragon Age in my system, that is running the Windows 7 operating system. The problem is that I am getting a Dragon Age xml error that it needs addins.xml and manifest.xml. Where can I get the same? I thought that such files will be included with the setup of the game itself. But, I am not able to find them anywhere on searching the whole game pack.

All possible replies and comments on this particular topic are very much appreciated. I hope that I can get the probable solutions here because the people on this forums have always been helpful to me.

Re: Dragon Age xml error, need addins.xml and manifest.xml

There is no need to worry if you are getting a Dragon Age xml error that it needs addins.xml and manifest.xml. I have faced the same and got rid of it with the help of the following steps:

1: Start Notepad and copy the following code into it.:

Code:
    "F:\\\\data\\\\DAO_UpdateAddinsXml.exe" /addins="BioWare\\\\Dragon Age\\\\Settings\\\\addins.xml" /manifest="H:\\\\Games\\\\Dragon Age\\\\addins\\\\dao_prc_ep_1\\\\manifest.xml"
    You need to enter your own DVD Drive and the path for the location of the game respectively.

2: After that, you have to start CMD and copy the same there. The installation of both these files will start.

After that, the installation wizard must not ask for these files.

I am facing the same Dragon Age xml error and on trying out the steps that are given in the above post, I am getting another message that I must have a disc in the drive for going about with the particular technique. Anyways, what can be done about it. I have already put the disc into the drive, but then, too it is giving me this new error message.

You are getting this new error message because you may have provided the same paths or drive names as mine. I had already told in my post above that, you need to change those paths to the ones, as in your computer. Now, first change the drive names and let me know if the problem is persisting or not. This is an assured method because of which I have provided the same. I am awaiting your reply.

I have tried out the same steps and I am getting a totally new message, that the Disc is not Ready now. I have altered all the drive names as mine and have run the provided code in Command Prompt. I am not able to understand why I am facing these weird problems even after that. Kindly help me with some assistance to eradicate this problem as soon as possible.

It seems that the copy of Dragon Age that you have purchased or downloaded contains corrupt files that are not able to install and such other problems. Anyways, the only technique to know if this is really the situation is to download another copy of this game or exchange this for a new one by mentioning the issues that you are currently facing with it.

Post your requirement of addins.xml and manifest.xml on the official site of this game. They may be knowing what is causing the problem. Thus, if this problem is not being encountered as you are missing these files, then they will reply back to you the method that can be used to fix the same. It is better to rely on a genuine method, rather than any other.