Thread: Trouble installing Far Cry on Windows 7

Trouble installing Far Cry on Windows 7

I am using 2 operating systems in my computer, that is Windows XP and Windows 7. So, I have a dual boot system. I am having a trouble installing FarCry on Windows 7. Actually, when I click on the setup of this game, nothing happens. Whereas when I use the same setup in Windows XP, the game installs well and also runs fine. I am not able to understand what is the problem with the game in the Windows 7 operating system.

Re: Trouble installing FarCry on Windows 7

The Windows 7 operating system is never ever recommended for playing the games. This is because most of the games are incompatible with Windows 7. This is the same reason why you are facing a trouble installing FarCry on Windows 7. Even if any game works properly in this operating system, there will be issues like lag and so on. I dont think that there is any method to make it work out in Windows 7.

Why do you want to install FarCry on Windows 7? You are having it running properly on Windows XP. It is the best operating system for playing games. If you want to play this game in Windows 7, then try getting the compatibility tool for the same. Install this tool before the game is installed. With this technique, all the compatibility settings will be done for the game to run properly in Windows 7.

If you are encountering the trouble installing FarCry on Windows 7, then there is a possibility that the operating system is actually blocking the setup from starting. This is just a security feature of the Windows 7 operating system. Inorder to bypass this security, it is required that you must start the setup with the option of "run as administrator". I hope the installation will start after that.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

According to me, the setup of the game is not meant for the Windows 7 operating system. This is the simple reason why there is a trouble installing FarCry on Windows 7.

So, you have to make sure that the setup that you are trying to install can be used to install on the Windows 7 platform or not. I have faced many issues while installing the games or softwares that are designed for other operating systems.

That is why one must always install the programs that are meant for particular operating systems.

Have you tried out the compatibility mode for getting rid of the problem that there is a trouble installing FarCry on Windows 7? This is a mode that can be used for removing the incompatibility of various softwares and games with this operating system. You can use the Windows XP mode for the installation of this game. Anyways, there are some recommended settings provided by the system there, that must be used.

Re: Trouble installing Far Cry on Windows 7

It seems as if the operating system was really blocking the installation of this game. I felt this because I used the Run as Administrator option as suggested in one of the replies above and the installation started out as normal. This is a very uncomfortable feature that the officials have provided in Microsoft because when such a problem happens, many times a user may think that the issue is with the game or the software.