Thread: The Sims 3 Ambitions: No more Crash and Desktop, revisited

The Sims 3 Ambitions: No more Crash and Desktop, revisited

Can anyone provide me with the tips for The Sims 3 Ambitions, so that there will be no more crash with any of the operating systems that I use? I am using Windows XP now. I have not been able to play this game properly in my system because it was crashing. So, I have decided to move on to a new operating system, that is Windows 7, since I guess that this is new version of OS that has been released.

Re: The Sims 3 Ambitions: No more Crash and Desktop, revisited

I suggest go with Windows Vista because I have a solution that can get rid of the crash in The Sims 3 Ambitions in this particular operating system.
    • Just follow the steps given below:
    • Go to Start and select Control Panel.
    • Now, click on System and Maintenance.
    • Here, go to Advanced settings.
    • You will be able to see the System Properties now.
    • There, select Data Execution Prevention. .
    • You need to turn on the above option for all the options available there.
    • After that, go to the Program Files. You will see the folder called Electronic Arts there. Now, go to the Bin folder.
    • There is a file that seems like a bomb. Click on it and then, select Apply.

This will eradicate all the issues that you will be facing with this game in Windows Vista.

The steps that are provided above to get rid of the crash in The Sims 3 Ambitions can be used for the Windows XP operating system too. I have tried out the same steps in my system, that is installed with Windows XP. So, if you still want to stay with Windows XP, the same tips will help you. I dont think that switching to Windows 7 will be a good option to go with.

If you install the Windows 7 operating system, I guess that you will be facing issues with The Sims 3 Ambitions in it also. These will not be crashes, but incompatibility issues or some sorts of conflicts between the game and the operating system. But, still there is no need to worry. You will have find the compatibility tool for this game. After that, install this tool before the game is installed in your system. You will not encounter any problems after that.

I suggest you that you must not change to Windows 7. This is because you will not able to play The Sims 3 Ambitions properly. There will be some problems always. If you want a change in the operating system, then it will be better if you install Windows Vista.

The main reason is that it does not have any incompatibility problems as such. Moreover, the features of Windows Vista and Windows 7 are similar.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

The steps that are provided by Mario2 seems to be very helpful for The Sims 3 Ambitions. So, I have decided to switch to Windows Vista operating system as it has the fix. Anyways, it is very grateful that you people have provided so many views and suggestions. I expect the same help in the future. I will let you people know if I am facing any problems for executing the steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario2 View Post
    I suggest go with Windows Vista because I have a solution that can get rid of the crash in The Sims 3 Ambitions in this particular operating system.
    • Just follow the steps given below:
    • Go to Start and select Control Panel.
    • Now, click on System and Maintenance.
    • Here, go to Advanced settings.
    • You will be able to see the System Properties now.
    • There, select Data Execution Prevention. .
    • You need to turn on the above option for all the options available there.
    • After that, go to the Program Files. You will see the folder called Electronic Arts there. Now, go to the Bin folder.
    • There is a file that seems like a bomb. Click on it and then, select Apply.

This will eradicate all the issues that you will be facing with this game in Windows Vista.

Hi,
    Do you believe these steps would work for Windows 7?
    Last edited by larissaeglem; 03-09-2010 at 07:36 PM.

yes, i think it should work in Windows 7 also because the OS interface is pretty similar with Vista. just try out.

If it won't works than you can change the compatibility to Windows Vista and than than try again. It should work.

Thank's, i'll try it. I just hope it works, i really want to play ambitions

Hi,

I canĀ“t find this bomb file, all i have is two sim3launch files and ts3ep02, i chose the last one, but my game is still not working.