Thread: Prince Of Persia - The Forgotten Sands doesn't Respond

sad Prince Of Persia - The Forgotten Sands doesn't Respond

Hi everybody,

every time i try to run this game, my screen turns black due to the fullscreen switch, and then i get a "Doesn't respond" message. My pc exceeds the recommedned Requirements and my Drivers are up to date. I run Windows 7 64 bit and got an ATI HD4870. Anyone knows the cause and/or sollution to this problem??

thx

PS: i also had to download a .dll file first to make the launcher work

Re: Prince Of Persia - The Forgotten Sands doesn't Respond

Please check the below article for more assitant.

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands doesn't start in Windows 7

"go into Graphics Control Panel (ATI Catalyst or NVIDIA Control Panel).
    go to Monitor Configuration and force resolution to 1280x1024.
    now start Split Second Velocity and it wont crash...

in game set the resolution to 1024x768 then exit the game..

go to the graphics control panel again and set monitor settings to default again.

now launch the game and it wont crash on your normal resolution and now you are able to set it on the resolution you want "

Actually I've found this on some other place! Its not my work! But give it a try nevertheless!

Anyways, can somebody give me the first save game in medium difficulty of this game?

@ Warrior: Isn't that a fix for another game then Prince Of Persia - the Forgotten Sands?? and i can't find settings to force the resolution.

@Arjuna3 Saw the thread but changing compatibility doesn't work and i'd really don't want to do a dual boot.

@ ^: Yeah, but it should work for this game too! for it was the same problem which was reported there! In NVIDIA control panel change display resolution! I think its this setting which they are talking about! Anyways, anyone with the first save game with medium difficulty? Please anyone!

I got an ATI card so you got an idea what to do in the CCC??

To change the resolution in Windows 7 directly follow the below method:

1. Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution.

2. Click the drop-down list next to Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you want, and then click Apply.

3. Click Keep to use the new resolution to 1280x1024, or click Revert to go back to the previous resolution.

In either case, to solve the black screen issue of Prince Of Persia - The Forgotten Sands game follow the suggestions given in this topic - Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PC Encounters black screen

Register key is perfect and i'm pretty sure my card is supported

Did you try the following solution that was also given at Ubisoft forums to ssolve the black screen issue:

Open regedit, search for “AlternateVerticalSyncThreshold”. Unless you have multiple Ubi games installed, it should immediately give you PoP’s registry key. It should look something like Software->Ubisoft->Prince of Persia - The Forgotten Sands->1.000000000->Engine

Right-click the folder called 1.000000000 and rename it to 1.0.

Yep, that key already is 1.0

Have you tried reinstalling the application. Check for the thing. I suppose the copy of the game is not been properly installed or some bugs may be the case. Perform a reinstallation or get fresh copy of the game and then install it to the system. I suppose this shall help you out well. Also update the drivers for the Video card that you use.

Reinstalling doesn't work, Driver is up to date and to get a new copy i either have to download it or buy a new one --'

My copy is fine, i just installed the game on another PC with my CD and there it works fine, any1 knows how to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo_dead View Post
    Reinstalling doesn't work, Driver is up to date and to get a new copy i either have to download it or buy a new one --'

My copy is fine, i just installed the game on another PC with my CD and there it works fine, any1 knows how to fix it?
    Alright, are you able to play other games in fullscreen mode? Keep a check on the temperature on your computer running Hd 4870 while running the game. If other games are also not able to work then its either a fault with your graphic card or some heating issues. By the way, have you tried upgrading your graphic card to the latest firmware? Check some suggestions given here how to flash it - Sapphire Radeon 4870 and Flashing

I'm able to do so and i've never tried upgrading firmware