Thread: Mass Effect 2: Overlord Crash at Prometheus Station

Mass Effect 2: Overlord Crash at Prometheus Station

I am having an issue which i need to solve with the help of you. Actually i am trying to play the Mass Effect 2 and when i am playing the same the game crashes in the Prometheus Station at the weapon loadout screen. I am unable to find the exact solution for this problem if any one is having then please let me know about it. Thank you.

Re: Mass Effect 2: Overlord Crash at Prometheus Station

First let me know have you done any kind of changes in the "Coalesced.in"? As i have seen the problem which comes with the Mass Effect 2: Overlord is just because of the modification in the Coalesced.in file. So if you have made the changes then roll it back to the original setting and see whether it is working or not.

Thanks for your quick response which you have given me regarding the query of mine i.e. " Mass Effect 2: Overlord Crash at Prometheus Station" but as you are talking about the modification in the "Coalesced.in" file so let me tell i have never done any modification in the same which you are talking about. I have just normally installed the game.

In that case your Coalesced.in file might be having the corrupt entry because of which you have done the same that you are looking for. So i will advise you to clean install the game once again. Just first uninstall the older installation of the game completely and then install the fresh one again. See it is working for you or not.

The mission which you are playing on the Mass Effect 2 eats up a lost of the CPU and that is why when more process are running at the same time the CPU is unable to handle all together. So if you are getting the crash problem then first restart the computer and then kill all non usable process and run the game.

If all the replies are not working for you and you are still having the problem with the Mass Effect 2: Overlord Crash at Prometheus Station then let me tell you should have to contact the Bioware regarding your query and ask them about the problem. I hope that they will help you with the proper solution of it which you are going through.

I was also going through the same crashing problem which you are getting. And to get rid of the problem i have used the "verify integrity of game cache" tool. Which resolved my issue with the use of the same but i was on the steam. So if you are also on the steam and wanted to get rid of this then go through this tool.

I was having the same problem which occurs at the time when i am taking the legion. So i though that there might be some script issue with the same. The script is not allowing the same to happen and causing the crash avoided using the same and i have got no issue with the game. Hope this will help you regarding your problem.

FYI I found 'a' solution after a very serious search... for PC offline use - Lord hangs at planet land... you need a new different MassEffect2.exe... so find vty-0315.7z (could not add link here...)
    I had to find this since i use win7 64 which seems to cause a bit more problems so this fix was great... thanks to ViTALiTY
    This also fixed Lair's taxi chase crash ... from my understanding, there is a cd check or call which crashes the loading screen for lord plus all other problems (for me)... remember to backup orig exe... happy gaming + giving back to community! bring back the mako plz!
    Last edited by mindpath; 28-09-2010 at 07:26 AM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.