Thread: Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Missing Crosshairs?

Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Missing Crosshairs?

I am having a missing crossfire problem. They are back now in a different server. I have some strange issue with Bad company 2. After already playing the game for a while it will ask me to insert the game disk and i get closed when i use EA downloader digital of the game. Do you guys are having same issue. Please provide me some solution to rid of this issue. Thank you in advance. your effort will be appreciated.

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Missing Crosshairs?

You should use the old package.mft (BADCOMPANY2\Dist\win32) from the 529843 Patch (22.04.2010). the old crosshair will be back and it works online aswell.you can get this uploaded file from the below link:
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/b2ba5ha/n/package.mft
    In new games they had built in benchmarks as a standard, it just seem a common sense idea to me. Nowadays common sense is expensive to implement.

I bought this game yesterday night and noticed crossfire was not in 3D. but i found your link.I downloaded the link and try it.What a nice program. You can open it with notepad also. Great work! thanks for posting. It worked like a charm.Why can't dice or nvidia tell us something like this long ago when the last patch was released?Thank you once again for your great effort to solve this problem of crossfire.

I am having the problem of crosshair in battlefield. When i try to play it prompt me to insert disk. I found your thread you have given a link to package.mft. i have downloaded this file but i do not know where to place it . So can someone please walk me through where I place this file?

Just follow this instruction. Download the file and save it on desktop. navigate to the location where you have installed BFBC2: %:\\Battlefield Bad Company 2\Dist\win32.I think the default directory:c:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefield Bad Company 2\Dist\win32
    Find file named Package.mft. Delete this file or rename as Packageold.mft. Just copy the downloaded file and paste in this folder, make conform and see it works fine. Keep a copy of this file because if DICE patches again and overwrites this file with new one. So, you can just copy and paste the new version again.

Now I am again 'back to the previous old patch where the crossair is broken. Now I am able to play all the maps without having any error. But I can only join Hardcore servers where everyone play without crosshair and the problem is solved. I am happy at least I can play game.So i am currently playing FSX with no crosshair and I think this is a temporarily solution to crosshair because by changing the name of exe file to crysis how is it possible.