Thread: Mass Effect 2 - Blank Screen Assistance

Mass Effect 2 - Blank Screen Assistance

I have exposed a fix for the irritating graphics card driver collide that mass effect 2 in recognized for. The difficulty is that the game determines to immediately kill your graphic card driver haphazardly or at set events, your screen goes black, the system becomes unresponsive. Lowering settings to min merely misrepresented the black screen to blocks.

Re: Mass Effect 2 - Blank Screen Assistance

The simply solution precedent this is a system reboot. Not ideal considering the tribulations is consistent, my earliest hours of the game were 4 collides (not an ideal name additional than) then 2 hours researching fixes. The fix is somewhat odd. I basically uninstalled k-lite codec pack. I encompass a innovative codec pack from k-lite prepared to replace the previous one I was using, maybe installing it would not let the colliding restart. Additional than for at present I be able to do without it at the same time as I enjoy Mass Effect 2, which is an amazing game.

I have had no additional collides in view of the fact that I uninstalled k-lite codec pack; I exposed the fix on a random discussion thread and was skeptical it would run. I was astonished to discover it fixed it a 100%. At the same time as I have heard this has not worked for everybody, I would recommend working ccleaner subsequent to uninstalling, for added corroboration on successful removal of the codec packs.

I am too anguishing from the "blank screen" problem some posts have comprised and reported regarding earlier. I thought it might be a superior idea to a number of things up for further conversation/ease of finding. The difficulty: When you start up the game, as an alternative of getting the initial menu, the entire you observe is a blank screen. You be able to tranquil hear the music and sounds, even produce the cursor if you shift it around a bit, additional than you cannot point at anything. To me it looks similar to it.

If you let the blank screen work long enough, the menu determine to come into view, additional than it is tremendously lagged. It determines to take 3+ seconds connecting clicking a menu button and the next menu appearing. If you put out of action the graphics card, NWN determine to play, additional than it determine to tranquil be extremely laggy. If you uninstall the most recent nvidia driver (or roll it back) NWN determine to play, additional than it will perform using windows defaulting graphics, as there was no vista well-matched driver previous to the current. In addition, the toolset will not come up, as it determines to be lacking 3D support.

If I put out of action my graphics card, I would not observe several picture at the entire, I merely have that one card. Putting out of action the graphics adapter via device manager, at least when I do so, it reverts my screen to 800x600 declarations. Tranquil not the most excellent explanation, as under that situation NWN determine to run horribly even under the lowest possible graphics options. Well, in my case, the menu by no means comes into view, it seems to be always there, immediately blank on blank. I am able to always hit it off on buttons right away, at least I am able to hear the "click" sound and observe the pointer. And what do you mean by putting out of action the graphics card.

Well, it has to carry out dreadfully, for the reason that there determine to be no hardware OpenGL acceleration whatsoever. Not actually suggested for gameplay. On the other hand, I have originated a diminutive trick to convince my card to run at least some of the times. When I hit it off blindly near the center of the screen, I do get the "plays local game" menu, which I am able to cancel out of and be capable to observe the menu from there on. I speculate if there determine to ever be a patch for those tribulations. Bioware promised a 1.69 patch a number of times ago.