Thread: Mass Effect 2: Black screen on start up

Mass Effect 2: Black screen on start up

I am facing a serious issue with a game that I am trying to load in the Windows 7 operating system. The game is Mass Effect 2 and I am getting a Black screen on start up. There were no issues while installing this game in my system. Anyways, it is not able to start in this operating system. I am not able to understand why this is happening. If there is some solution available for this problem, then please help me with the same.

Re: Mass Effect 2: Black screen on start up

It seems that the Windows 7 operating system is incompatible with the game, that is Mass Effect 2. This is why you are getting a Black screen on start up. There is no need to worry for this situation. You will face many such situations while using this particular operating system. So, if you keep a dual boot system. with another operating system like Windows XP installed, then you will be able to play this game in it.

It seems that you computer does not have the required configuration to play Mass Effect 2. This is why you are getting the Black screen on start up. For this problem, you will have to upgrade the graphics card that you are using. This game uses high graphics and this is why it requires a better graphics card. Just let me know if your problem is not solved with the help of this method.

I suppose that you must first check out if there is an incompatibility problem between Mass Effect 2 and the Windows 7 operating system. For this purpose, it is required that the hardware and software evaluation tool must be run in your system. Now, you will get a list of compatibilities and incompatibilities. If this game is listed among the incompatibilities, only then you can confirm that there is an incompatibility problem.

There is a possibility that the copy of Mass Effect 2, that you are having has become corrupt and this is why you are getting Black screen on start up. So, you will have to get a new copy of this game and then, try loading the game after it is installed in your system.

Even if this does not fix the problem that you are facing, then the game surely has an incompatibility problem with the Windows 7 operating system.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

I have seen many gamers facing this situation of the Black screen on start up with Mass Effect 2 and many other games, just because of one silly problem. The installation of the game may not have taken place properly. During the installation, one must take care that no other applications and programs must be run in the background. Otherwise, an installation error can occur easily.

Mass Effect 2 is not incompatible with the Windows 7 operating system. I have ensured the same by running the hardware and software evaluation tool in my system, as mentioned in one of the above suggestions. Anyways, I have understood what the problem was. I had not installed the game properly in my system. This means that an installation error had taken place. Reinstalling the game eradicated this issue.