Thread: Massive FPS drop in Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PC version

Massive FPS drop in Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PC version

There has been a massive FPS drop in Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PC version. Actually, the change is from 100-150 to 10-50. This happens when the I am playing this game. I am not able to understand why this is happening. The game starts properly. This happens in between the game. Any suggestions to solve this problem are duly appreciated. My computer is running the Windows 7 operating system.

Re: Massive FPS drop in Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PC version

If you are facing a massive FPS drop in Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PC version, then you just have to restart the game when you encounter the problem. I have seen many of the users facing this issue with most of the recent games. I am not aware why this is happening, but I know that restarting the games probably fixed the problem that you are facing.

A memory leak causes the problem of the massive FPS drop in Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PC version. Well, there is a need to enable VSync, so that the FPS can be stopped. I can assure you that this will solve the situation because I have faced this same issue while I was playing Battlefield Bad Company 2. So, the above technique is the only fix available.

According to me, you are facing an incompatibility problem between the game and the operating system and this is leading to the issue of the massive FPS drop in Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PC version. You will have to set the operating system in the compatibility mode when the game runs. If the problems are solved, then just apply the settings for the future.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

If an incompatibility problem is causing the massive FPS drop in Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PC version, then you will have to get the compatibility tool for this game. Such tools are available for all those games, applications and programs that are having incompatibility problems with Windows 7.

After you get this tool, install it before the game is installed, so that all the required compatibility settings will be done for the game. You will have to search for this game on the web.

I have enabled Vsync and thus, solved the problem of the massive FPS drop in Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PC version. So, the issue that was caused is that there was a memory leak. Anyways, the situation has been solved. That is a good news. Thanks to you guys for all the suggestions and replies that you all have provided. I look forward for such help in the future.