Thread: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands restart problem

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands restart problem

Hello there, I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows 7 on it. The computer is having a ATI 4850 graphics card installed on it. On this computer I have installed Prince of Persia : The Forgotten sands on it but I am not able to play the game. Every time I start the game, the main menu is visible but as soon as I select the mode for the game, it restarts. I am not able to figure out what is causing such problem and hence need your help to solve the issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands restart problem

For any applications to run properly on the system, all the requirements of the application must be fulfilled. Every application has minimum system requirements which are to be fulfilled by the system. If the minimum system requirements are not met by the computer, the application may not run atall or may give some problems while running. So check the minimum system requirements for the game before installing the game.

Have you checked the installation of the game? All the applications which are installed on the computer have lot of files associated to it. If any of the file associated to the application is missing or not working properly, the application will not work properly. Try to reinstall the game and see if the problem is solved. Uninstall the game and remove all the files/keys from the computer. Once all the traces of the application are removed, restart the computer and reinstall the application. Hopefully it will work.

Check the drivers which are installed for the display adapter. All the devices which are connected to the computer require a set of drivers to be installed on the computer. Drivers act as the mediator between the devices and the operating system. If the appropriate drivers for the device are missing, then it will not work properly. Open the device manager and highlight the display adapter installed. Update the drivers for the display adapter and then reboot system. Check if the game is working properly.

Windows 7 does not support all the games. If the game is not supported by the operating system, it will give some problems while running or will not run at all. Therefore I will suggest that you refer the list of all the games which are supported by Windows 7 and see if the game is included in the list or not. If the game is not supported by the operating system, there is nothing much you can do about it.

I was also facing the same problem while playing the game on the computer powered by an ATI graphic card. The game used to restart while selecting the mode. I searched for all the possible solutions and finally found out that the graphics drivers were conflicting for which there is a patch available. After installing the patch the game is working properly. You can download the patch files from the ATI website.

Yes installing the patch really helped in solving the problem. As suggested I downloaded and installed the patch file from the official website of ATI. After installing the patch, the game is working properly. I had to configure the graphics card setting after installing the patch for the drivers. Thanks for suggesting solution