Thread: Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands Freezes Upon Run

Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands Freezes Upon Run

I have successfully installed Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands game on my Windows Vista computer. I didn't detected any flaw from my hardware and it says everything is fine. Still I have just faced my game freezing.

Re: Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands Freezes Upon Run

Even I am having the similar problem. When I click on the play now button, the game starts but then it gives a black screen to me and then nothing happens. I checked the game settings and didn't found anything serious, I met the minimum system requirements to run the game. I submitted the ticket to Ubisoft support team and they forwarded it to me with the reply saying its related to video card drivers and directx. But I have the latest update for the drivers and directx, so I am quiet sure about the same. Please someone help if you find some solution to this.

I am going mad now. I have purchased the deluxe edition from Ubisoft before the release of the game. And now I am unable to play the game. Moreover upon asking the reason for the same to Ubisoft, there is still no reply from the company and this is taking me to the nerves. Later on after a lot of R & D, I found that it was due to my processor. I was not aware of how much core of processor I had, but I found it recently that it was one core and to run the game I need atleast dual core processor. I tried the same game on my friends computer running on dual core cpu and it worked. I hope you got my point.

This doesn't seems to be the problem of processor, anyhow. I don't believe on your words. It can't be the cpu if you meet the minimum system requirements. I would request you to post a proper DXDIAG of your computer. I suppose you can play the game and may be the problem is lying somewhere else. And by the way is Vsync ON or OFF? Turn it OFF and then see if you can play the game.

Even I agree with what Azul has said in his post above. I have noticed the same problem of computer sometimes hanging while other times freezing when playing a lot of games on my computer. I currently have single core processor installed on my computer. I have also tried playing Mass Effect 2 but still had the same problem of freezing. I remember I have seen a patch released by to fix this problem. I think Ubisoft also needs to release a similar kind of patch in order to support those users who are using single core processors.