Thread: Windows 7 and Warcraft 3

Windows 7 and Warcraft 3

I have just installed the windows 7 beta 64 bit and this is one of the new operating system for me . I have installed Warcraft 3. Had without any issues with the installation procedure , however, when I try to launch the program, the program stops processing further and I have to use the task manager to terminate the processing of the program. It says "the program has stopped working". I have no any idea that why this is going on .

Re: Windows 7 and Warcraft 3

Are you sure that you are not running any program in the background that is consuming more and more RAM space, you can get the listing of those program form task manager and make sure about those programs and terminate quickly. If you are not getting anything like then maybe try Compatibility Mode.

Just right click on the WOW shortcut and choose "Properties", then "Compatibility" It should look as specified below : I'd give XP-Service Pack 2 a try. Let me know how it perfomed ...

I am unable to get this working on the windows 7 operating environment , I thought that it can be the issue of the privileges but tried ti install this as the administrator user , runs but unable to get connect to battle.net and the game stopped suddenly and then hanged if i click cancel, run as xp sp2 game now ask's for the disk and when I insert the disk in the drive then it says that it's not there. You got this problem again ..I need to go for the Xp installtion again or what ???

Well, I am just thinking that the windows 7 beta would stop performing in August anyway I Would tell you to just using Windows 7 operating system as a primary OS would be a large mistake during this point of time .

I would honestly re-install the windows XP and have 7 as a secondary OS by dual booting and chalk it up to the fact that the OS is beta. It may be waste to using the feedback tools in the OS also and report it to Microsoft . They may get if they are able to do anything for release then..
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

You can download the newly released patches and you can get all that from the Blizzard website. I am sure that I had a issue with I have already tried to play the same game within the environment of Vista because my game disk is very old and that could not update the game with Batnet. So this is what I have done before with this game and the game launched and played very well there . I have not tried the game on the windows 7.

The problem is that Warcraft 3 requires to write to the Program Files folders and it doesn’t have granted to perform so. To resolve this, go through the below suggested solution :

1- Open up your Warcraft 3 folder
    2- Right click on Frozen Throne (or Warcraft III if you are playing Reign of Chaos) and move to the Properties
    3- Move to the Compatibility tab, and within the Privilege Level, check “Run this program as an administrator” and then click on the OK.And that's all to do .
    4- Open up Frozen Throne and you will come up with the beloved “Are you sure you want to do this” retardation. After granting access, the game would be able to update and play.