Thread: Mass Effect on Windows 7

Mass Effect on Windows 7

Can someone here successfully played the Mass Effect on Windows 7? I am running with the newest nvidia drivers for my system and the latest and applicable game patch is installed.

When it try to open this, I just got a black screen and I am unable to do anything unless I issue the Alt-control-delete to terminate the task. I have tried to reinstall the game and launching this in compatibility mode but it still would not able to play.

Re: Mass Effect on Windows 7

Yeah ,Mass Effect is proper and compatible with the Windows 7 - I have it executing myself . It seems as like you have done entire the common things which may restrict the Mass Effect from running. If you are thinking that this can be occurred by the drivers and all then you should try with any previous applicable nvidia drivers to see if that makes a difference?

Can you post the complete configuration of your computer system on here, just in case that throws up a known problem..

I am getting your suggestions and as you think I have tried the same with the drivers which are provided with the installation disk of the Windows 7 at first and I had the similar issue . I just tried one more time with some beta drivers and instead of using Alt-control-delete and I have tried to Alt and tab to exit from it. There was something flashing on the black screen when I tried this , it looked as different window message but I am unable to get it....

Are you sure, the installed programs on your PC is occurring some problems regarding this. Do you have a software firewall, antivirus or security suite running? Sometimes an alert will come up behind a game to ask if you need to allow net/file retrieve to a new application. I have had this committed sometimes the first time I launch a game and you will require to choose an option for the application to go ahead in the normal way. Try clicking the approve/yes type option if you are able to make it out and see if the game loads. (Or you can manually tag it to the safe list).

I am thinking that Warcraft 3 does not attempt any task for Windows 7 (RC). When I am going to connect with the Battle.net, suddenly ...I am getting the error message that says

There was an error writing to your hard drive while trying to download a file from Battle.net. You may need to free some space. Please check your hard drive and try again.

nsontaylo Guest

Mass Effect run without any problems on windows 7. I just finished the game 2 seconds ago on windows 7 64bit. its an amazing game..

Yeah I have purchased the mass effect and installed it . I launched the application click play and it moves to configure the game. straight away windows tells that the program got destructed and the error is known BEX and the application associated with this error is obviously mass effect.exe..

Currently, windows adviced getting the newest patch for mass effect so I have downloaded this and launched it. This unzipped entire files and installed them . I then click on play when I executes the launcher and this brings up the settings very well.I click play and a black screen shows for about a second. Then windows tells that the program has stopped functioning. The error currently is APPCRASH related to the mass effect yet again of course. I am not sure about what to do.