Thread: Library not registered error when installing COD2

Library not registered error when installing COD2

I am trying to install this game called Call of Duty 2 in Windows 7. I am facing some problems while I am trying to do the same. The issue is that I am getting the library not registered error when installing COD2. I am not able to understand why this is happening. If anyone knows why this issue is being encountered, then please reply immediately with the probable solutions that can be used in this situation.

Re: Library not registered error when installing COD2

It is possible that you are encountering the library not registered error when installing COD2 because there must be a problem with the copy of the game that you are having. So, it is required that you must get a different copy of this game. After that, try installing this game. If you are getting the same error even after that, then this is an incompatibility problem that the game is having with the operating system.

You may be running other applications and programs while the game is being installed. This is why there is a library not registered error when installing COD2. To avoid such errors, it is always recommended that all the other applications and programs must be closed before any installation is started. So, you will have to make sure that there are no such applications and programs running in the background of the installation process.

If the incompatibility issue is causing the library not registered error when installing COD2, then the operating system may be blocking the game. Try installing the game forcefully with the help of the Run as Administrator option. You can get this option when you right-click on the icon of the particular setup file. I hope that your situation will be solved after that.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

I suppose that the operating system is creating the problem of library not registered error when installing COD2. It will be better if you keep another operating system like Windows XP installed in your system to prevent such situations. Thus, you will have to make your computer a dual boot system. Just install the other operating system in another drive in your system.

I have been able to solve the library not registered error when installing COD2 by buying a new copy of this game. This means that the problem was in the files of the game as mentioned in one of the replies above. Anyways, the problem has been eradicated. I need to make aware all the COD gamers that there is no incompatibility problem between the game and the operating system.