Thread: Call Of Duty 4 Multiplayer keeps freezing up

Call Of Duty 4 Multiplayer keeps freezing up

My computer is running the Windows 7 operating system with 4 GB RAM and Core2Duo processor. I am have played Call Of Duty 4 Single player in my system without any issues. The problem that I am facing is that Call Of Duty 4 Multiplayer keeps freezing up. I am not able to understand what is causing the problem.

If anyone has faced such issues with this game in their system, then please share the experiences. It will be helpful if the solution for the same is also provided.

Re: Call Of Duty 4 Multiplayer keeps freezing up

The situation that Call Of Duty 4 Multiplayer keeps freezing up may be caused because the Multiplayer version of the game may be incompatible with the Windows 7 operating system. To confirm the same, run the hardware and software evaluation tool in your system and check out if this game is listed among the compatibilities or incompatibilities of the system. If it is shown as incompatible, then I think that there is no solution that can be used.

There is no need to worry even if Call Of Duty 4 Multiplayer keeps freezing. If this is being caused because of an incompatibility problem, then it can be solved by starting the game in the compatibility mode. This can be done with the help of the "troubleshoot compatibility"option, that is available when you right-click on the icon of the particular game. I hope that your problem will be solved after that.

If Call Of Duty 4 Multiplayer keeps freezing in the Windows 7 operating system, then this incompatibility issue can be solved with the help of the compatibility tool for this game. Actually, when this tool is installed in the system, all the required compatibility settings will be done for the game to work properly in the system. You will have to install this tool before the game is installed in the system.

It is possible that Windows 7 is blocking the game from starting because of which Call Of Duty 4 Multiplayer keeps freezing up. This is because of the security features that this operating system provides. Well, you can try stopping the firewall and check out if the situation is fixed or not. If not, then start the game as administrator. This can be done with the help of the option for Run as Administrator. It will force the game to start without any issues.

There must be a problem in the network connection due to which Call Of Duty 4 Multiplayer keeps freezing up. So, it will be better if you check out the same and after that try connecting as well as playing in this particular mode. I have seen many of the users having such problems with many of the games. If it is so, enabling a proper connection will solve the situation.

fredstratus Guest

War rages on in the fourth edition of Activision's acclaimed war game. For the first time in the series, Call of Duty moves away from WWII to the modern battlefield. Armed with an arsenal of advanced and powerful modern day firepower, players are transported to treacherous hotspots around the globe to take on a rogue enemy group threatening the world.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 28-06-2010 at 05:24 PM. Reason: External links not allowed, not even in signatures. Removed the same.