Thread: Motion Sickness in Dead Space 2

Motion Sickness in Dead Space 2

I have started playing this game called "Dead Space 2 " and i am really enjoying it but then the problem that i have been facing is motion sickness, I am not able to track out the cause of the same as i am not getting any error for the same, Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well. Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Motion Sickness in Dead Space 2

I have not faced the same yet but then i have faced screen tearing sometimes, so i just wanted to confirm that you are talking about the same or something else?? i just wanted to share that i have played Wipeout HD at high and i did not had any problem with the same, i have just faced the screen tearing problem with the following ones:
    • Oblivion
    • Dragon age
    • GTA4

But then i have faced the same often and not for all the time, so are you facing the motion sickness all the time or often??

I am not aware of the other games but then i am sure that this is some kind of problem with the game itself as i am not facing the problem just as i start the game but then i when i play for more that half an hour then the issue arises, If it is working fine in the start then why is it resulting in such issues later?? any further help will be appreciated.

Even i have faced the same problem with the Skyrim and i will like to share that this problem is because of these low FOV games have started focusing on the crosshair you have but then i have not found a solution for this problem then just quitting the game, i have faced the Motion Sickness problem with the following:
    • Skyrim
    • Resident Evil 5
    • Singularity
    • Killzone 2

I think that you can try to refresh rate/FPS of the display. I have faced the same problem for some games on my TV that is having motion flow feature and i have found that the problem here is because it is interpolating frames in to each scan and because of this i was facing the Motion Sickness problem. Even though it did not appeared in the start of the game but then i was able to solve it out by refreshing the rate/FPS of the display. Just try to do the same and see if it is making any difference, if that does not help then you can try to change the refresh rate to 60 Hz or 120 and changing the display settings as well. Try out these solutions and then let me know if they are helping or not. Best of luck.

Even i have been playing the Dead Space 2 but then i have not yet faced Motion Sickness problem with it but then it do hurts me eyes if i play it continuously for 1hr as well, i don't know what display settings that have chosen for this game, I will like to add that i have faced the same for borderlands as well but then i have stopped playing it because the pain in my eye was unbearable while playing the borderlands for a single hour.I think that there is something wrong with the aspect of the graphic and it is from the developers side, so i don't that there might be some solution to get rid of the same, I am using screen protector to avoid the pain but then i think that your case is different, so i doubt that there will be a solution for it.

I have not faced the Motion Sickness problem for the Dead Space 2 and the only time i remember when i ad faced this problem was when i tried out "portal" and it was at the first time itself but then i did not paled the same after that.

So you all mean to say that there is no solution to get it solved???