Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PC game wont start or launch

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PC game wont start or launch

I have downloaded the Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PC game from the steam. After the installation I played the game only for the one hour and game close automatically. After that i tried launching the game but unable to do so. It is not giving me any error message but remain still. I am unable to resolve this issue so need your help for the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PC game wont start or launch

As per your query it seems that there might be some of the file corruption in the installation that is why you are unable to launch it. Did you tried reinstalling the game? If not i will advise you to uninstall it and then reinstall the game once again and try to play game. Also let me know if there is more problem so that i can find the solution of it.

Quote Originally Posted by robodude View Post
    As per your query it seems that there might be some of the file corruption in the installation that is why you are unable to launch it. Did you tried reinstalling the game? If not i will advise you to uninstall it and then reinstall the game once again and try to play game. Also let me know if there is more problem so that i can find the solution of it.
    I have tried it before only. I have reinstalled the compete game but that is also not working around with this issue. I am still having the same problem.

Hey i am having the same issue with the Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands which i have resolved with the registry entry. Just open the registry editor and the locate the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Ubisoft" You will find "Launcher" and a "Ubisoft Game Launcher" folder. Copy the default registry entry from the Launcher folder to the Ubisoft Game Launcher. And this will work

I have tried the thing that you have discussed in the your reply about the changing the registry entry but unable to get it properly. As i am not familiar with the registry editor functioning. If possible then please describe it in detail so that i can easily perform the same and can play the Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands.

No issue. Here i am explaining the complete thing that will help you for the which you are talking about so go through the below given step that will help you with the same.

• Click on Start
    • Go to Run
    • Type regedit and hit enter
    • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Ubisoft
    • Copy the default value of Launcher folder
    • Paste it into Ubisoft Game Launcher folder
    • Restart the PC
    • Thats it!!!!!

I have the same problem with the game, but I don't have the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Ubisoft" in my registry. Could that be why mine doesn't work?

If still you face error in installing the game then you must re-install the game properly. Then disable your firewall or any other security application to run the game. Because if you are using a pirated version of the game then that will be blocked by your security application. Second thing you can try to search for some game patch that can fix the installation.

hi. i am using windows 7 os and having same problem too. i try reinstalling for 10 times with or without turn off firewall and the result is still same.. for the copy paste redegit method.. i really don't know how to do it cos i cant copy and paste it.. can someone show me how to do it on windos 7 os plsss...

The process for copying registry values is bit tricky. For that click on start and then in the search box below type regedit. Then navigate to this location. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Ubisoft. When you click on software you get list of all software installed in your system. There look for Ubisoft folder. Now in this there are two folders. They are launcher and Ubisoft Game Launcher. Right click on Launcher and choose copy registry keys and paste them in Ubisoft Game Launcher folder. Reboot and check back.

i am able to locate the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Ubisoft. and i can see launcher and Ubisoft Game Launcher folder. the confuising me is when i right click on the launcher folder it's only have copy key name. but it can't paste on the Ubisoft Game Launcher folder. i am using window 7 ultimate x86(32bit).. maybe its not same with win xp.. can u tell me how to copy and paste it.. cos its confuising me.. thx

Hi claudito,

Can you tell us what is your computer specifications? Have you tried disabling the antivirus software in your pc as well, before installing and till launching the game? It seems if you cant copy paste in registry then you are having limited access, so are you logged in as admin in your pc? Try creating a new user account with full admin priviledges and then try to install and launch the game.

hi mario2,

my pc spec is intel c2d e6550. 4gig ram. 320hdd. sapphire vapor-x hd5770. i haven't install antivirus cosi just format my pc.and yes i am logging as admin in my pc.

I had face the same issue with Prince of Persia game. The issue with this is that the error is common mostly in pirated games which are downloaded from torrent. This is due to some incompatible files. But I had hardly found users mentioning the error on Windows XP. I am waiting for some patch as I had already downloaded the same before.

I am not able to downlaod prince of persia forgotten sands....

when i click on the setup.bat....a box came up called TPTB (The Power That Be)
    and nothink is happening after that.....

please any one help me on that.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast