Thread: Problems while playing Splinter Cell Double Agent on computer

Problems while playing Splinter Cell Double Agent on computer

Sup gamers, I am facing a weird problem while playing Splinter Cell Double Agent on my computer. I have a desktop computer which has Windows 7 installed on it. The computer is powered by an Intel Quad Core processor and has about 2 gb of RAM. The problem which I am facing is that while playing the game, the fps drops to about 6-10 at some random instances. Also the game crashes while playing. I think the configuration of the computer is good enough to run the game without any problems but still I cant play the game properly. Any suggestions regarding the topic are welcome.

Re: Problems while playing Splinter Cell Double Agent on computer

For the game to run smoothly on the computer, the minimum system requirements of the game must be fulfilled. As the game is crashing and lagging on the computer, I suspect that the minimum system requirements of the game are not fulfilled. Hence check the minimum system requirements of the game and see if the system which you are using is fulfilling all the requirements. If the minimum system requirements are not met, then such problems are bound to rise.

Windows 7 does not supports lot of games. If such unsupported games are played on the computer, it will crash frequently. Hence to be sure if the game is supported by the operating system or not, visit the official website of Windows 7 and check the list of all the games which are supported by Windows 7. If the game is not supported then it is better not played as it may corrupt the Windows operating system.

Start the game and go to options. Now open the Graphics option and set all the graphics setting to low. Save the settings and restart the game. Now start any mission and see if the game is working properly or not. After changing the graphics option to low, the game should run at maximum FPS. Hope it helps in improving the performance of the game.

Try and run the game in compatibility mode of Windows 7. Compatibility mode helps in running many of the application which give problems in latest version of Windows operating system. Go to the properties of the game shortcut and enable the compatibility mode. Run the game and check the performance of the game.

Disable the Extra processing cores of the processor while running the game and see if the performance of the game improves or not. Start the game and open the task manager. Open the processes tab and right click on game process. Select Set affinity and remove one processor from the list and click OK. Resume the game.

Thanks for replying to the post, as suggested I disabled the extra processing cores of the processor which really helped in improving the performance of the game. Now the game does not lag intermittently while playing. The FPS after disabling the cores is around 60 to 80 which is good enough for playing the game smoothly.