Thread: Troubleshooting Steps to Xbox 360 Open Tray Error

Troubleshooting Steps to Xbox 360 Open Tray Error

Hi, I moved my XBOX, there was no problem at first I could play normally, but as I played it off and back on itself all alone and since the tray does not want to open!! For some time I have trouble opening the console tray, I have to stress a lot with the button to get open and I fear that things will end more and can not not even open. At first only resisted once, but the second was opened without problems, but now I have to give the button 5 or 6 times minimum to get the games. Please suggest me something so that I can fix this issue.

Re: Troubleshooting Steps to Xbox 360 Open Tray Error

This happens with one brand of player, I think it was with the Samsung. You have four possible solutions :
    1. Put it in horizontal, where there are problems.
    2. Always leave a disc inside. With album itself opens.
    3. Send the SAT.
    4. Wait until you leave the three red lights

If you say the console is cool, the tray opens with no problem (with and without game). But what makes a while that the console is turned on then does not open, or with the buttons or the menu. The dash indicates that the tray is closed, press the button and then open states, and so on ad infinity, but not open. It is as if he thought the software is open / closed and the hardware he chose not to move. Any time I open it urgently needed (read DVD video store ) And I had to do the trick of the clip, pulling the front cover and introduced into the hole to open it manually, such as CD / DVD of computer life. The problem is that I did with the console on and then thought I had it all the time the tray open ... I could not play any game for a while. Then it occurred to me to do it again but with more care.

If you've never opened the xbox maybe not appropriate to do so now if you can take advantage of the warranty. Otherwise you can make use of tips provided in the following link :
    How to Take Apart Your Xbox 360
    Start playing the game tougher than you previously put the xbox in an enclosed, have no fear, after a while the console will freeze and make three lights error. Make sure the console does not have ventilation of any kind, cover any holes, stick in a backpack, in order to use the imagination. Let it run half hour to an hour this way. When you let it cool and did not pledge more!! Already have your red lights, send it to warranty and less than 20 days and have another function.

You can try cleaning the band that moves the gears of the tray. In the other post explained that sometimes slips a bit so that the tray does not close properly. It is a small black band that looks to the naked eye with the tray open. This two disc drives whose gears turn and move if you try to open or close the tray by hand (try it with the system off). Sometimes the use loses elasticity and slips a bit, or by filling grease the gears. You can try it out, clean it with soapy water and dry thoroughly and put it back in place with tweezers. That can work if the laser cleaning does not help. Try cleaning the disc first as, if not this that I commented.

Lately this problem plaguing many Xbox 360 consoles, and I now offer a solution that does not really make much sense at first glance, but for some reason it works, certainly unknown reason, and it is simple, and after to make sure your DVD -DL is well, and should, here is a solution :
    Do not turn the console with the command or button, turn it on by pressing the open tray of the Xbox 360.
    Lights opening the tray and leave the menu and when you give the command to close tray (and the DVD course, if you had not already), and will not give you that problem.

Simply that we ensure, for example, that the reader does not get to read the disc, or to charge anything from the Wave before it has started all in the console and not from any kind of error. This, to pass only with modified consoles, if you turn on the console with a game already in, it is possible that the reader "boat" the disc and raise the flag of "reading" before the console has initialized all device interrupts the system (in this case, peripherals). However, if you turn on the console with the tray open, it is virtually impossible to happen, because in that short space of time between starting and reading the DVD spends more time, ensure that no problems with the reader.

hey all this xbox 360 i have keeps telling me open tray......i took it apart and the laser eye is where it should be......i did everything im at whits end....plz help

I can list you a number of causes behind this error, so that you can fix this up with some troubleshooting. The open tray error is a common one which is cause because of misaligned tray in the Xbox. The most basic way to fix this is just adjust the tray a bit and push it inside. Other than the issue can be because of lots of dust on the laser. This can be fixed by opening the Xbox and cleaning the dust from the laser module. Try to use a clean disc. Wipe the lower part with soft cloth and insert the disc. If still the problem persist turn off the xbox for sometime. It can be due to heat. Or else send the unit to service center for replacement.