Thread: Mouse not moving for playing Alpha Protocol

Mouse not moving for playing Alpha Protocol

Here comes the biggest problem while playing an Alpha Protocol as this game must be having mouse control to play and i am facing the problem regarding the mouse. Actually Left Click and Right Click works without any problem but my mouse is not able to work for moving the camera and look around. What should i do and i think there is nothing wrong with my mouse.
    Last edited by Bhupathi; 03-06-2010 at 04:31 PM.

Re: Mouse not moving for playing Alpha Protocol

I am not so sure that is it going to work for you or not but i guess you should try changing the sensitivity of your mouse. Go to the control panel and open Mouse. I suggest you to change the different settings on your mouse and then check whether it is making any changes while playing an alpha protocol or not. It might happen that this game would be needing some particular mouse settings to make mouse working while playing it.

I have tried changing all the mouse settings provided in the control panel but it seems to be changing the mouse behavior by 0%. Is there anybody who is facing the same problem?
    I would be glad to share my mouse problem with you as everybody is screaming about alpha protocol not working and it is working on my pc but this mouse have made me mad by just watching the same screen all the time. I have played this game individually for each setting of mouse but none of them worked.

Though i have not played an Alpha Protocol yet so i am not aware of its problems but this mouse not moving problem is bit common for this kind of games as i have seen it on many games. I think you need to make some changes in an .ini files of this game. I am not sure that it would be making any effect or not but i think there should be some kind of settings must be done which would be effective in either a positive way or in a negative way if you are so unlucky.

Stop it guys!!! I have found the solution for mouse not moving problem on an Alpha Protocol. Actually Mr. robodude is correct that you need to make some changes in an .ini file of this game. And even Mr. Hitman22 was partially right about changing the mouse sensitivity.
    In fact you have to change the mouse sensitivity in an .ini file. Now please do not ask me that where is .ini file.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

I am so sorry guys but i am not so expert in computer stuff, I just use my computer for playing the games most of the time and now i have got that i have make some changes in an .ini file but unfortunately i do not know that where is this ini file for an alpha protocol.
    Can you guys please help me to find out this file?

Never mind, Before some time even i was like you and was new to computers and even i was using my computer for gaming initially. The .ini files are located in your Documents folder, under Alpha Protocol/APGame/Config. Open up "APInput.ini" and change the line near the top labelled "MouseSensitivity=" to a higher value. You may need to tweak the setting a bit but 220 worked for me.

Im having the same issue as OP but altering mouse sensitivity does nothing.

Anyone know any fix for this issue?

You can try to go into APEngine.ini in My Documents,

Set:

MinSmoothedFrameRate=20
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=30

On of my friend tried all the other recommended ini alterations but they didn’t help. This however, has stopped all stuttering except for the occasional load hitch for him.

That actually did the trick. Thank you very much.