Thread: Alpha Protocol does not start

Alpha Protocol does not start

I got a new disc of Alpha Protocol which I purchased recently. I had installed the game and now when I double click on the icon to make this work it crashed. The game does not start at all. It showed a black screen and then went off. The game is installed properly without errors. So that must work. If there was error in that process then I can look for solution. What can the reason behind this.

Re: Alpha Protocol does not start

The best solution I will tell you is re-install the game back again. Do this click on Control Panel and then look for Add Remove program. From the list search for the game and then uninstall it properly. Once all the files are cleaned then re-install the game back again. Second thing I will recommend you is to check for the system specification of the game. Does your system meets the minimum requirement for the same.

Many times your antivirus program block any new file from preventing any malicious code to run. Are you using a pirated copy of this game. If yes then remove it and get a fresh copy of the game. Other than this you can disable the antivirus protection for sometime and then run the game. It happened in my system where I was using Comodo firewall tool.

I think your firewall is on and due to which the game is not working. For that you can disable the same from control panel. Disable that for some time and then run the game back again. If the same works you can safely add the game file under exception in firewall settings. This will then never block the game back. Do the same for your antivirus program settings.

I think some system file of the game is corrupted. It can be possible in two cases. First if you have a illegal copy of the game. That is the pirated copy. This copies have lots of bugs and virus in your system. The second reason can be virus which can modify or change your system file. Your security software can also block the same avoiding any further threat to the system.

If you have the game disc then insert that and run the autoplay. From that when you click on Install it will prompt you for three options. First install, repair and remove. Use the second on repair option. It will rescan the system fully and then put back those files which are either deleted or replaced in your system. This is the best way to fix your game. If this does not work then you can get a new copy of the game.

This can be due to old and outdated video drivers in your system. Do you have a graphic card in your system. If yes then you can run a fresh driver update for your system. You can do that directly by downloading the drivers or via device manager. If you have live Internet connection then just right click on My Computers > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager. Right click on your GPU and choose update drivers.