Thread: Need help to increase fps in Alpha Protocol

Need help to increase fps in Alpha Protocol

I am not getting a good frame rate in Alpha Protocol. I have a CRT monitor which I had not changed. But I cpu configuration is upgraded last month. My system configuration is Intel Core Duo 1.66GHz processor with Ati Mobility X1600 Up To 512MB Radeon Hyper Memory and 4GB RAM. I had noticed that the screen is such slower right now as compare to what I had seen in a video.

Re: Need help to increase fps in Alpha Protocol

Get good video drivers for your system. Any adjustment to lower and plays in 800 x 600 will give you around 20-30 fps. I believe that I must have 50 / 120 fps according to the scene, but frankly saying I want some 120 + all the time. The problem is that I do not know how to put it another version of direct x 9. I update a radeon x300 drivers which seems to be a pointless option.

If you disable the vertical sync, you'll have all the time 100 fps. Go to your directory of the game and then from there you can search for the config files. Look for the line and there you shall fps_max 100. Or have you done during the game fps_max 100. This I had done for my game but I am not sure about this new game. Might editing the config file can help you.

If you can set your screen support at 800 x 600 @ 100 Hz then you might get a 100fps on the game. Your games will be more fluid even without enabling the monitor sync. If you have a Nvidia GPU then you right click on properties > settings > advance > the name of your graphics card > performance parameters and a much quality display you will get here for your game.

It is better if you can re-insert your GPU back again. For that you will need to open your case and see if that the PCI Express X 16 port is available or not. Clean up some dust and check weather your GPU is heating for not. But by this you can damage components if you do not mind. So if you really do not know then you will need to take someone's help to fix the graphic card back again.

The entire procedure requires no input or change the options in the game or configuration to install the patch just because the card supports, such as ATI or NVIDIA and the effect they have feel for the game. FPS settings depends on your graphic card output. If you have properly configured the same properly then you will get the desired fps on your screen.

Download and install a good emulator for the game. The emulator gives a good support to the gameplay. About the output setting first enter the game configuration and then see the video and graphic support. You can set the resolution which fits your screen the best. Try to run the most appropriate settings for your system. Set the graphics on Optimal instead of Ultra-High.