Thread: Mouse settings issue on Alpha Protocol

Mouse settings issue on Alpha Protocol

I want to disable the mouse acceleration and not adjust the sensitivity. I am finding some difficulties in playing Alpha Protocol. I found the mouse acceleration is causing the game making the gameplay very weak. I had fiddle around the settings but the same is not working in my case. Does the Alpha Protocol has some patch for the same. Which is the best settings for mouse.

Re: Mouse settings issue on Alpha Protocol

Try this out. It will work here. First right click on your windows desktop and then click on New > Text. A notepad will open up and then type up the below codes. This is modification for registry. First type Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00. Then type [HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Control Panel \ Mouse] "SmoothMouseXCurve" = hex: 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00, a0, 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,40, \. And then type 01,00,00,00,00,00,00,80,02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,05,00,00,00,00,00. Then you save your file and give the extension to .reg. Run it.

For acceleration of the mouse, it is not in the registry needs to be changed. You can also work the same from Control Panel > Mouse > Pointer Options. This the most basic settings. And there you have to move the cursor to the speed you desire. Modifying registry keys can make your system unstable. Try out much settings in Alpha Protocol.

Mouse settings are easy for the game. Go to control panel and then enter in mouse settings. Here you can precisely adjust the movement of his mouse is easy to agree, the coupling of linear acceleration of the mouse and the variation curve thereof depending on the speed. It is better to keep the cursor slow and adjust the same from the option of the game.

I am using a Mac system. I am using Tiger. I have some games in that and I am too irritated with the mouse acceleration. The mac version for this game is delayed now so better to get some information. Does this is due to third party software that may be interfering. I think I will need to change my mouse and search for some further settings for the game.

The acceleration curve of the mouse on the Mac is not constant. I mean by this that the shape of the curve is different depending on whether one controls the speed of travel on slow, medium, fast, etc. This has always been the case. When I was working on any old Mac, there was a small utility that allowed to visualize the shape of the curve at each level of adjustment.

Here try this out. This might help you. First go the Windows directory and then browse to following path - \Users\USERNAME\Documents\Alpha Protocol\APGame\Config & open APInput.ini file. As you reach the folder you have to set all the value of bEnableMouseSmoothing to false. Open the ini file and then adjust the following :
    • bEnableMouseSmoothing = False
    • bSmoothFrameRate = False
    • MinSmoothedFrameRate = 1024
    • MaxSmoothedFrameRate = 4096
    • [SystemSettings] UseVsync = False

Then after that right click on the ini file and click on properties. Tick the box read only there and give OK. This has fixed the mouse lagging issue on my system.

Like many others I does not realize the problem that many users are accustomed to the acceleration for the mouse in game play. Let's put a stop to the left and right of our mouse pads and do a slow moving from left to right up to the stops and observe the distance to the screen. Then reproduce the same speed more consistent, if not faster then you can try something different.