Thread: Windows Visual C++ Runtime Error at Activation Alpha Protocol

Windows Visual C++ Runtime Error at Activation Alpha Protocol

Hello guys !
    I have installed the game Alpha protocol and wanted to activate for playing that but I got some problem when I move to activate that . During activation of the game, I got an error message :

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library...This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

I have tried to find out the solution for this problem from different forums and nothing got any helpful information as I wanted to provide. I have installed the game on a system with Microsoft XP (64-bit). Is this reason of the error ??

Re: Windows Visual C++ Runtime Error at Activation Alpha Protocol

This is not the issue of game execution or asl, of that. You are running with the incompatibility issues and this is getting occurred by the windows operating system that you have installed already within your machine and now wanted to activate your game.

There is something going wrong with your installed Operating system, you need not to worry about the game, you need to start the troubleshooting of your system based on the installed Operating system..

How can I be sure that this is the issues occurred from the OS. Everything, I got this error when I used to play the game and it is primarily opening when I launch the game . The launcher opens without fail at every attempt . When I started to Play the game , I got unable myself to find the window screen where I can issue the CD key . I input it, and when I press to make activate that then just after that event, I got the above error message as I described above . I am getting frustrate to resolve this, if you all have any suggestion regarding this, so please tell me something about this ....

This is the issues getting occurred primarily just because of the operating system inability. You can go for the resources from where you are getting this very error. You need to just go for the following two directory and just delete them, Just input the CD key and send the result what you are getting after this operation..
    C:\Documents and Settings\<user account>\Application Data\SEGA Corporation and,
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SEGA Corporation

What the wrong going on, Very strange , I got the same issue again and I am not sure about the proper fix regarding this . The error is same as but only the difference is that I am working on 32-bit XP system. I have also tried to resolve the issue with the help of above given suggestions and tried to perform the reinstallation of game but after a making fresh installation of the game,when I issued the activation code, it assumed to crash before it completes. It is not providing me the space for entering the code again. As per the suggestion of solomon, When I removed the suggested folders permanently , I am prompted to issue the code again. When I do this time, the activation seems to completed . The game is currently in the same situation and when going to open that it crashes with the run time error.

1. The addon may be interfering then in this case, you should just make disable the attached Addons. If you are working on Windows XP SP2 then you need to go for the Tools > Add-on Manager, and uncheck the addons. If you working on Windows XP SP1 or before, then disable the third party extensions. Now open your browser (IE ) and move to Tools menu > Internet Options > Advanced. Uncheck "Third party extensions". Click Ok. Restart the computer system.

2. You should clear your cache with the following method. Go to Tools > Internet Options > General tab. Within the Temporary Internet Files, click "Delete Files" button. Click OK.

3. Reset the IE configuration. Go to Tools and then Internet Options and choose Programs. Click on "Reset Web Settings" button. Go to Advanced tab and click "Restore Defaults" button. After getting Security tab and move the bar to Medium or Default. Click OK and exit from entire browsers that you have opened and restart your computer system now.

4. If not going success then you need to check if a program executing in the background section and making the connection with Internet Explorer. Temporarily make disable antivirus, firewall,antispyware, ad-blocker, popup blocker, and entire Norton programs.