Thread: Alpha Protocol stutters in between

Alpha Protocol stutters in between

I am having issue in playing Alpha Protocol. My screen flickers in between and there are some gray vertical lines in the game. I have a graphic card attached to my pc. I think this must not come on the screen. I had restarted my system after re-installing the game. But still sometime the screen get flickers and then things went to normal. So this seems to be a game issue. What you think for the same. Thanks.

Re: Alpha Protocol stutters in between

Tell me your system specification first. I had some good experience in facing game errors. The screen flickering can be caused due to bad graphic driver, screen saver or low systems specification. So at first you can provide me full specification of your system and then I will see which thing can be the cause of reason. For a quick solution update your graphic driver first.

Try to reduce your screen resolution first. I face this same issue on high resolution. I am not sure about the reason behind this. That might be due to the graphic driver which fails to provide optimum output for the game. Also install any monitoring tool which can show you current temperature of your system. It is possible that your graphic card is getting overheated.

Here are some couple of solutions which you can tryout. First update your graphic card drivers. You can visit the official site and download the latest. Run the setup and reboot your system. If still the issue occurred then that means that your GPU is getting heated. May be your system case does not have enough ventilation to wipe out heat from the CPU case.

Stop the screen saver first. Then check back. If the problem comes back then stop all the background programs. Like first stop the instant messenger clients and antivirus software. Close any web browser if you are running on the background. Then use some tuneup utilities that can clear up some old files from your system and make it a bit faster in working.

I am using Windows Vista 64 bit Home basic edition. In my system the game lags in between. I had turned off all the old settings in it. Especially the antivirus program. I am using Comodo which gives a popus every time in the game. After updating the new drivers for my GPU the problem is a little bit solved. I will also recommend you to run a CCleaner tool so that it can wipe out your old useless files.

Game stuttering or freezing is caused by overheating of the system. If the RAM or CPU or GPU is getting heating or not enough to meet the requirement of the game, the game will not work properly. You can check your cpu temperature instantly from BIOS when you find such issue. Try to clear up dust from your system case and update your recent drivers. Get a good graphic emulator.